Player Discussion Devin Shore

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He seems to fit well with Getzlaf and a skilled player, goes to the net..... I'd like to see him with Getzlaf and Kase.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Decent enough for the time he was on the top line. Seems like he has a plan when he has the puck. Should be good on a line with Rowney and Sprong.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
i know some of you don't like him but i think he is a very useful player and would like him to stick around.

Reactions: Masch78

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s the definition of replacement player. Hopefully we can get rid of his cap hit this trade deadline.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Don't get the refusal on him. He is a solid 3rd liner at least.

William Karlsson had weaker numbers before his outstanding season.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Don't get the refusal on him. He is a solid 3rd liner at least.

William Karlsson had weaker numbers before his outstanding season.

Karlsson was buried in a defensive role in Columbus, playing tough minutes with no PP time. Karlsson has also always had elite hockey sense, anybody that followed him closely knew he was going to be a good second liner (last year was a clear aberration though he’s not going to be hitting 30 very often, let alone 40).

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
But if they trade Shore for a pick they don't have to trade Fowler or Henrique to have cap room for Silf.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They do not need to make a deal for the purpose of signing Silf. If they are going to sign him (which is supposedly inevitable), the details will work out later. Any trade should be made with a macro view of the future.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shore has hockey sense as well and while he is not as talented as Karlsson he is a very good player.

His hockey sense is ok, it’s nothing to write home about. He’s not currently a very good hockey player, he’s a replacement level player at the moment. On any good team he’s a 4th liner, the odd good play doesn’t change what he is.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He's the kind of player the Ducks have a lot of. This team needs some guys that put the puck in the net. Shore is not one of those types.
Yup, too many types like him & we wonder why they have problems scoring goals.
Silf is the only defense first forward that i like.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's adjusting better and better every game, glad we traded for him. He can play any role and any situation, Grant-ish flexibility.

Reactions: Masch78

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Moment of truth, you only have one open 4th line winger spot next season: Shore or Sherwood?

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I agree that he is a decent replacement type player. For next year it seems clear that we're going to try to get younger and go with a coach that will help develop younger players. With that said, here are our left wings for next year.

Rakell
Ritchie
Jones
Comtois
Shore

Shore is the only guy on that list who's potential already seems capped. I'd rather see what we have in our other guys next year. For 2.3M per year, Shore is very replaceable.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I agree that he is a decent replacement type player. For next year it seems clear that we're going to try to get younger and go with a coach that will help develop younger players. With that said, here are our left wings for next year.

Rakell
Ritchie
Jones
Comtois
Shore

Shore is the only guy on that list who's potential already seems capped. I'd rather see what we have in our other guys next year. For 2.3M per year, Shore is very replaceable.
I'd trade Shore for a pick or two. What's his value, a 3rd + 5th ? The Ducks don't have a 3rd this year i think.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Shore can play either wing and center as well. You know all the injuries are going to come like they always do.

Reactions: branmuffin17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad