Devin Setoguchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jessie Lumsden said:
Where do you guys see him going, presuming there is a draft before September? Personally I think he'll go around twentieth, I'd love to see him in a Flames jersey.

Hard to say given his total flameout the last two months of the season and the playoffs. He seemed to be about 15-20 before that. The upcoming U-18 tourney will be huge for him, probably more important than for anyone else on that team.

Jessie Lumsden

Apr 7, 2005
important to remember just how injured he was during the last eight weeks of the season. He probably shouldn't have even been playing to be honest.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
HabLover said:
Then why is he at the U18's?
Because he's one of the better players available to Canada? And, obviously, for reasons already discussed: He didn't have a great second half, and this is his last opportunity to raise his stock again.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
Jessie Lumsden said:
important to remember just how injured he was during the last eight weeks of the season. He probably shouldn't have even been playing to be honest.
I hope that is the reason for his poor play, because he was AWFUL and had no on-ice desire whatsoever.

I still think he'll be in a Blades uniform next fall, but Mollekon has said changes are definitely coming this off-season... it'll probably be guys like Rabbit, Svensson, and maybe a d-man like Haw that won't survive the summer in Saskatoon.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Seachd said:
Because he's one of the better players available to Canada? And, obviously, for reasons already discussed: He didn't have a great second half, and this is his last opportunity to raise his stock again.

If he was so badly injured, shouldn't he be taking time to recover? I think that's what the other poster was insinuating.

goalienut

Jun 16, 2004
PA, Sk.
www.freewebs.com
MS said:
Hard to say given his total flameout the last two months of the season and the playoffs. He seemed to be about 15-20 before that. The upcoming U-18 tourney will be huge for him, probably more important than for anyone else on that team.
:D :D I am from Prince Albert (the team the blades lost to 4-0) so I was quite happy about that. He is a small, finesse player with good overall skills. 15-20 range sounds about right.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
saskhab said:
I hope that is the reason for his poor play, because he was AWFUL and had no on-ice desire whatsoever.
I think this had a lot to do more with Seto being bumped from line to line. There were periods where he was playing on the fourth line with Chris Cloud and Ben Van Lare. Most players in this league would have trouble putting up points on that line.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
goteam said:
I think this had a lot to do more with Seto being bumped from line to line. There were periods where he was playing on the fourth line with Chris Cloud and Ben Van Lare. Most players in this league would have trouble putting up points on that line.
I would counter that if you're showing no desire and getting but on Van Lare's line... just what are you doing?

Seto should be versatile... he's got the skills to do that. He can be an energy player, a top line sniper, even a PKer if he worked at it. He needs those kinds of wake-up calls... Mollekon was probably demanding something out of him by putting him on that line.

I'm still a big Setoguchi fan, but he has a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->