Signing(s): Devin Funchess with the Colts (1 year, $13 million)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Crazy amount for a very average player.

Basically telegraphs that they will draft a WR high but want a guy to start this year until the rookie is ready.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Crazy amount for a very average player.

Basically telegraphs that they will draft a WR high but want a guy to start this year until the rookie is ready.

Possinly but not necessarily, they're really high on Deon Cain but need some form of insurance.

More than anything they have all this money to spend but 2-3 years down the road they'll need space to sign the core and there's just about nobody worth breaking the bank for. An expensive one year deal makes sense.

Edit-Oh, I guess 13 is just the max after incentives. I hope he hits them all but will be interested to see the base.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Funchess is decent and still has some potential but he's pretty inconsistent. 1 year deal to prove himself with Luck is worth it. Good luck to him in Indy.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
we'll see what happens. Obviously there's no real commitment from the Colts here , so if it doesn't work out - no biggie.

Ballard's free agent WR's haven't been that great, but Ebron was a complete home-run and fans had a similar reaction to his signing.

Lets just see how it plays out. He's got the physical traits our other wideouts simply don't possess.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
I bet 12 months ago you wrote the exact same sentence when they signed Eric Ebron. Yet Reich turned him into a 14 TD pro-bowler.

Funchess is everything the Colts are missing down field. He will be a work in progress, but possibly another homerun signing.
ebron has his drops certainly but his drop rate was 8% before coming to the colts, and tight ends are andrew luck's best friends which helped.

funchess' drop rate last year was 13% which was the highest in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad