Signing(s): Devin Bush signs with the Seahawks

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They needed help at LB. Brooks tore his ACL late in the season and probably isn't going to be ready for the start of the season. Plus they also needed an upgrade over Barton.
I wouldn't consider Bush an upgrade over Barton. Maybe a lateral move maybe a downgrade.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bush is a extremely frustrating as a player. There were times last season he looked like he checked out.
He should have been focussed as the Steeler didn't pick up his 5th year option after 2021 season, so he was scheduled to be a free agent unless he got tagged. Ends up with just a 1 year deal, so it's going to be way less than a tag would have been.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Barton's not a very high bar to be honest, but this is pretty 'meh' also. There's room to add a couple of LB so I get it, but Bobby's the guy we need back.
He calls the defense like a proper Mike.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Barton's not a very high bar to be honest, but this is pretty 'meh' also. There's room to add a couple of LB so I get it, but Bobby's the guy we need back.
He calls the defense like a proper Mike.
Seattle has 5 picks on days 1 and 2 of the draft.

They should be targeting, Edge Rusher, DT to help with the run, LB, C. Last spot is wide open. At this point, I think it would be either Anderson/Wilson as DE at 5, then Simpson the Clemson LB at 20, a DT with the Denver 2nd, and C with their own second.

WR3 since I don't think the team is high on Eskridge after 2 unproductive seasons. Young was mostly on special teams last season. So, they need a WR3 option with Goodwin gone.
OG - released Jackson. Haynes and Lewis are free agents in 2024. Probably a good idea to secure that extra IOL if one is there like the USC OG who tore his ACL at the combine. Medical redshirt him basically in 2023 and plug into the lineup for 2024.
S - probably a year away from cutting at least 1 if not both starting safeties in Adams and Diggs.
CB - Woolen, Bryant and Brown. I think they would look at an outside CB as Bryant and Brown are more slot Corners.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
S - probably a year away from cutting at least 1 if not both starting safeties in Adams and Diggs.

I could see it, I started thinking this could be more and more likely when they signed Julian Love away from the NYG. Ryan Neal is already playing well at S too and deserves an extension. These make Adams even more of an expensive luxury than he already was. He's a badass, but using him is tricky and he is a liability in coverage. I see it opined in various places that Adams should be converted to LB, but at his weight I wonder if that doesn't just get him injured even more often.

Agree about corners too, Seattle will always draft one or two. If we know anything about Pete it's that he loves him some DB's, and finds actual gamers in the later half of the draft.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Whatever happened to this guy? I thought Pittsburgh got a great pick when they got him, looks like he became unmotivated and lazy since.

Here’s hoping Pete Carroll can work his magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad