GDT: Devils vs. Predators - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Went out so missed the game, but recorded it and rewatched. Greene/Severson and Vatanen/Mueller did their jobs. Played well. Gryba sucks.

First line was good. Nico played fantastic.

Zacha can't score at all. Might be time to move him down in the lineup. MoJo makes some smart plays and creates some chances, but he's snake-bitten. Don't know why he can't score at all.

JQ is just meh. Doesn't really do a whole lot. Just a filler.

Noesen/Coleman didn't do much at all. Need those two to pick it up. Especially Noesen who I'm disappointed with so far, but just feel like he's due to start playing better. I would give Yakovlev a shot since Gryba really was bad.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Complain all you want about Zacha (I totally understand the frustration), but the veteran on the line has been trash.

Camille the Eel

Going forward I’d like to see more balance in the lines and the ice time too. While special teams complicate it, over 82 games maybe we shouldn’t want the 1st line playing 20 minutes a night, while Noesen and Coleman get 9 and 12 minutes. We’d also like the latter unit to get a little forecheck going. We probably do need to move Palmieri away from Hall and Nico too. We seem very unbalanced at the moment.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Got 1 more point that most of us thought wed get. Nashville showed us why they are elite, they get the two points in the end. Nevertheless, devils played fine and couldve gotten 2p.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Again if Dea buries that shot we are singing a different tune.

And last year at this time no one would have thought Noesen should be anywhere near a 2nd line either.

I'm not. I said from the start that I hated the idea of moving him up. You kill all his momentum and now when he does go back to the 4th line, his confidence might be gone.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I thought he outplayed them for long stretches last night, and overall the game was pretty even as it swung back and forth a few times. I'll take the one point against one of the best teams in the league, even though I am disappointed they couldn't hold onto the lead to win.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Johansson need to get away from Zacha and Dea so badly. Hopefully Bratt comes back soon. I'd roll with Johansson-Zajac-Bratt as the second line and have Wood-Zacha and either JQ, Dea, or Coleman on the 3rd line.

Noesen has been a whole lot of nothing since the Oilers game.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The second PP unit is made up of grinders, Johansson and Vatman. Honestly that whole group needs to be different. That’s coming from someone who normal never complains about personnel desicisons.

Reactions: TheSituation

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Hischier had a great game. Was looking super confident with the puck. I’d like to see more of that

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What do you expect him to do on the PP with some of the forwards they have in it?
So he can't score 5v5 cause Zacha sucks...He can't score on the PP cause his linemates suck too? That is at least 4 different forwards...5 if they run 1 D on the PP, which they haven't been doing on the 2nd unit, so let's call it 4 different forwards...A full 1/3 of the teams forwards suck too much to play with Johansson?

I would say Johansson has been the biggest disappointment on the team in the first 7 games. At least with Zacha you get a good defensive center that kills penalties effectively and is decent at faceoffs...We've got almost nothing from Johansson.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->