GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was at the game and was surprised at how many people were there. MSG had a sold out Allman Brothers show as well which I find even more interesting since they have an older fan base. People really don't seem too concerned so far.

N.J. coronavirus update: Why Devils fans continue to attend games at Prudential Center despite outbreak concerns

I actually wanted to go last night specifically because at this point you don't know when the last home game is going to be at the rate things are going (and my next scheduled game isn't till the 21st), but wound up having last-minute plans and was glad of it cause the game was such a clunker.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I actually wanted to go last night specifically because at this point you don't know when the last home game is going to be at the rate things are going (and my next scheduled game isn't till the 21st), but wound up having last-minute plans and was glad of it cause the game was such a clunker.

I'm actually debating using a buyback for tomorrow since I have a bunch left and I had planned on using for the end of the season anyway. Figure if I use it it tomorrow I can get the most money back for next season if they end up playing any games without fans.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Subban has been good. I'd keep him around.
Ya. Not sure why so many are so hot to drop him.

If he were making, for example, 3M a year would everyone be so eager to get rid of him? Is it entirely a cost issue? If so, it shouldn't matter, cause we potentially need his salary just to keep above the floor.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Subban is overpaid by quite a bit and having a career worst year in points by a lot, but he’s still arguably the best defenseman the team has.

The only justification for jettisoning him is his contract, but losing him makes the team worse.

What do we after we dump him? Sign Joel Edmundson to a stupid contract or start playing Mueller, Carrick and other idiots more? f*** that.

Subban isn’t a bad player. He might be next year or the year after, but he’s not a bad player yet. Just a badly overpaid one right now.

As long as Cory is on the team he isn’t even the worst contract.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
his contract is a non-factor with the cap space and actual assets this team has. he's been fine and should be kept until probably the expansion draft but even then i'm not sure we're going to just get someone better than him

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
when the team is up against the cap that contract might look bad but i don't see that happening in the next 2 seasons. at this rate jack will be getting a bridge deal and not the 8 year $10m everyone was probably pencilling him in for

Reactions: Nubmer6

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
It’s depressing to watch them consistently not make a difference.

Call me crazy but if we happen to draft a high profiled center with our pick, I wouldn’t mind it one bit if we pulled a "Johansen for Jones" type of trade.

I want a top pairing dman in the worst way. If it means we have to sacrifice one of our 1st overall picks, so be it. Drafting them is probably the only way to go and yes, we have a couple of promising youngsters on the way but if you’d ask me if I’d rather have Hughes or Dahlin, I’d take Dahlin and the choice wouldn’t even that hard to make. Everything starts from the backend and having a mediocre defence will impact your offense as well. Adding Jamie Drysdale would be absolutely amazing for our franchise.

My perfect scenario would be to draft Jamie Drysdale with our pick and have someone like Perfetti or Rossi, because of his size, fall to #9-#10 with the Coyotes pick.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Nico is particularly concerning as I think he may be playing injured. Hopefully not doing long term damage in this garbage season.

He better is injured because right now he looks like Zajac 2.0 and that's not a good building block if you want a potential cup winning team. He needs to break out next season. I love Nico but right now it's just not enough.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Camille the Eel

He better is injured because right now he looks like Zajac 2.0 and that's not a good building block if you want a potential cup winning team. He needs to break out next season. I love Nico but right now it's just not enough.
Yeah he had some dominant games up until Dallas and then went out for a few days and has dropped back and not been very noticeable since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad