GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Fans will probably do so after this off season if he does what he did last year, nothing.

Short of a trade falling into his lap it seems unlikely anything too big happens. A Hall extension and Nico and Bratt and PZ extensions lead the way. Maybe a solid value reclamation project at 2C can be found. Who would you want to trade in a big move? I’d rather keep the young players and go value in UFA. With decent goalies and growth from the young players the team should improve just by osmosis anyway.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's gotta be tough to have the last game of your career on the road. If that was me, it would take me hours to take off the jersey

he played well enough down the stretch to warrant another contract, maybe from another team. it's time for us to move on though

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
he played well enough down the stretch to warrant another contract, maybe from another team. it's time for us to move on though

Maybe, but the only reason he got a contract this year was because of injury. But he's 34 next year there will be another crop of new young forwards that will be faster and more skilled than he is.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Short of a trade falling into his lap it seems unlikely anything too big happens. A Hall extension and Nico and Bratt and PZ extensions lead the way. Maybe a solid value reclamation project at 2C can be found. Who would you want to trade in a big move? I’d rather keep the young players and go value in UFA. With decent goalies and growth from the young players the team should improve just by osmosis anyway.

Free agent signings. He needs to go after someone to improve the team at a position, not put all his eggs in one basket like he did this year and hope to rely on some internal growth.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be more shocked if he was done than if he's back with us next year tbh. He took a ton of **** from this fan base but honestly he wasn't bad in his role.

The last month or so, Stafford was fine for me and I hated his game for 3/4 of this season. 1. I thought he worked well with Pavel and 2. I thought he was really able to show off his possession game. That said, I HOPE he's not on this team because it would mean there are 12 better forwards.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Welp, we made it! (to the end of the season, not the playoffs lol)

We've got a huge offseason ahead of us. It looks like we have the goaltending sorted for now and an extended look at these kids with a few that can step into the lineup. Zacha is improving as well as Bratt and Nico's a gamer, with a healthy lineup next year and depending what we do during the summer we should be much improved.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Free agent signings. He needs to go after someone to improve the team at a position, not put all his eggs in one basket like he did this year and hope to rely on some internal growth.

Well, we all know building through free agency is the key to building a good team......

Reactions: Billdo

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Man, Panthers fans do not like us lolllll I have no idea what we did to them but I hope they enjoyed that loss.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Not getting sentimental here - well yeah I am so shoot me. I thoroughly enjoyed the GDTs and the banter back and forth all season. It made watching some of the debacles all the more tolerable. There’s a lot of great knowledge in here and much more opinion but when all is said and done, it makes for a better experience watching the games. Thanks again to all! We’re the DEVILS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->