GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Florida's 5th (pickup game) line wins the game.

2 dmen on forward and they clowned nj for so many goals and domingue. That is story of the game.

Maybe we should try that with Severson and Vats... Would be better than some of our 4th liners..

We should play our 4th liners as our defensemen. Would be better than our defensemen.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Shero's idea of a backup goalie is actually the only goalie that's played here this year that has actually been good.

Shero's idea of thinking Schneider was gonna be able to be seriously relied upon, before finally realizing after 4 or 5 starts that he wasn't even serviceable is what brought us to Ewwy Louie.

Shero was correct in having faith in Blackwood. The problem was having faith in Cory, but his hands may have been a bit tied there.

Good goalies aren’t rushing to sign for a team when they could get zero NHL playing time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not subjecting Blackwood to this disaster was the best move ever. Not pulling Domingue was even smarter because good lord don’t do that to him.

I wish we could loan Blackwood out to a decent team for the rest of the year to protect him from this trash heap.

how the f*** do you let a cobbled together 4th line with two D on it clown you around?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

absolutely_right_zoolander.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In before the Domingue on waivers announcement at noon and for Cory’s recall from Binghamton.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
i never thought i'd say this, but domingue>cory. we're probably going to lose if domingue starts anyway, but it will be less frustrating
I'd consider bringing Cory back for a couple reasons.

1. I think it saves the team real dollars. Cory gets paid the same no matter where he plays. I believe Domingue gets paid an AHL salary if he gets sent down.

2. This is a horrible thing to say, but if Cory gets hurt while he's up he can be put on LTIR. I'm not sure that's the case if he's down in Bing.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

1. I think it saves the team real dollars. Cory gets paid the same no matter where he plays. I believe Domingue gets paid an AHL salary if he gets sent down.

2. This is a horrible thing to say, but if Cory gets hurt while he's up he can be put on LTIR. I'm not sure that's the case if he's down in Bing.

your first point, i don't care it's not my money lol. your second point is interesting, i don't know how that works in bing either.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Does it really matter if it saves the team real dollars? It really doesn't, because he's getting paid that regardless. And none of us are paying it.

And I doubt the owners care that much about having to pay him to play in Binghamton rather than here. They're already paying for Cammalleri to not play here, as well as 3 more years and the rest of this one (for now, until someone else hires him) for Shero to no longer work here.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Holy wow at #2. That's dark man. Real dark.

Lou isn't running the team anymore, so I don't think there's a Vito in Cory's future.

Edit: I don't really ever want to see Cory in net again. As unbelievably frustrating as this team has been, we've been slightly less recently - and if I just see another first period soul crushing weak goal against... I might really have to tune out for the rest of the season. At least it has been entertaining recently.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Is it me or does Domingue play goalie like a lineman in the NFL? It seems his feet are constantly moving to keep his balance

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah NJ stinks but that Stralman ‘burn’ puts his own team in bad light. Your team gave up a ton of opportunities to a bad team? Good job bro...

Reactions: Bleedred

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Is it me or does Domingue play goalie like a lineman in the NFL? It seems his feet are constantly moving to keep his balance

i don't know about that, but he has the most piss poor rebound control i've ever seen. worse than schneider

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

The funny thing here is that Cory actually makes more money in the AHL, as escrow is for NHL pay only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad