GDT: Devils vs Leafs - 80's Night! - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm gonna say at or over 5 goals for the Leafs.

Though I do think there's still a chance we're surprised tonight and we hold them to 2 or 3 goals or even win the game and then it's back to ''Kinkaid can be a starter'' talk again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does kinkaid make it past ten minutes tonight?
Probably.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't wanna throw Johnson out there, since he's not even good in the AHL.

Although if they score 5 within the first 2 periods again or by midway-ish through the 2nd period, I think we might be seeing Johnson this evening. If Yann Danis can get into an NHL game in relief in 2016 (he actually got into 2), I think almost anyone that's a pro-league goaltender can.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sometimes this board gets really middle school horny about seeing a girl on TV and it's cringey as hell.
I don't think there's anything wrong with paying a compliment to a nice looking woman, she's very beautiful. I just don't really care what a woman looks like on my TV during a hockey game or even it's a man or whatever. I tune in to watch hockey, not see good looking people.

I actually like her more now than I did when I first saw her back in September. Maybe because I don't like blonde's as much. I think it's also possible that the fact that she's done a good job in her role as an analyst has made my attraction level for her grow quite a bit more.

I think Deb got too hard a time here sometimes, but I have to agree that Erika is much better. Deb wasn't bad, until she had to start interviewing people. She was a fine ''Reporter'' type like at the intermission report and pre/post game thing. It got weird during her interviews.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The best word to describe Deb in those last few years was cringe.

Nothing against her at all as a person, and she's clearly done well professionally. But I agree, she didn't come across as authentic in the interviews and it really created a sense of awkwardness.
I thought she was fine ''Anchoring'' or whatever you wanna call it. It was when she would do interviews that it got awkward and that was the only time she really did anything that jumped out to me as bad.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
deb was awful. every game it always looked like she was up the entire night before freebasing heroin with the camera crew. like, she peeled herself off a filthy motel floor 15 minutes before the broadcast started

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most people here don't even know that the opening was from MTV back in the day when they played music videos
I haven't watched MTV since the 80's (outside of when my then-girlfriend always had it on in the late 90's/early 00's), so I remember that. I was probably too young to remember, but as you all know, my superior memory can actually remember that far back. Even though I have trouble remembering what I ate for dinner the other night or if I bought enough dog food.

It's funny how only the older guys could name the song. Butcher, Palmieri and probably even Kinkaid are too young to know that, unless their parents listened to that stuff while they were growing up. And it's because of that, I know quite a bit about 60's and 70's rock music. I could probably identify any Doors song by the time I was 5 years old, despite the fact that Jim Morrison died and the Doors broke up a bit before I was born.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I'm gonna say at or over 5 goals for the Leafs.

Though I do think there's still a chance we're surprised tonight and we hold them to 2 or 3 goals or even win the game and then it's back to ''Kinkaid can be a starter'' talk again.

I've said it from yrs ago he could be, I still stand by my read on the goalie... as it's been pretty spot on. Obv the starter part is tbd in the summer.

Not going to stop bc you or the majority here disagree.... that's old news from when I first said he had the potential to be good and when I said cory was never elite like some on here claimed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've said it from yrs ago he could be, I still stand by my read on the goalie... as it's been pretty spot on. Obv the starter part is tbd in the summer.

Not going to stop bc you or the majority here disagree.... that's old news from when I first said he had the potential to be good and when I said cory was never elite like some on here claimed.
I think he played himself out of a potential starters gig in the last month. He'd have to play 20-30 more games this year (there's only 39 left including tonight) and at the level he played to end last year to get one.

I don't think anyone is gonna sign him to be the starter now, but I wouldn't say there's no chance he doesn't become a starter next year. If he's on a team that has a lot of goalie depth problems (like the Flyers this year) he could become their starter, but I don't see him starting the season as a starter. Still a slight chance that a team that's not expecting to compete next year signs him and some other guy to duke it out for the starting position. Maybe Vancouver or Ottawa if Craig Anderson (who is signed through next year) breaks down and can't play anymore or gets injured.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Africa came out like the year I was born. Andy Greene is the only player on the NJD that was born during or before the year that song hit. TZ and LJ just missed it by 2-3 years. That song reminds me of what they play in grocery stores.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Sometimes this board gets really middle school horny about seeing a girl on TV and it's cringey as hell.

giphy.gif

And it's every damn game.

Good thing there are no ice girls

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Africa came out like the year I was born. Andy Greene is the only player on the NJD that was born during or before the year that song hit. TZ and LJ just missed it by 2-3 years. That song reminds me of what they play in grocery stores.
Grocery stores??

Africa is the prototypical bar-band song for cover night - thats how I see it

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Grocery stores??

Africa is the prototypical bar-band song for cover night - thats how I see it
I hear a lot of stuff like that on grocery store PA’s. Or during my ultra seldom trips to Target or Wal-Mart. 70’s-90’s soft rock. I don’t know what they’re playing at bars. I only attend bars to see the music acts I dig or work with.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hmm. I'm beginning to realize that my taste in music from that period was almost wholly driven by harmonic guitar work and the ability to recreate the album cover band logo in my 8th grade mechanical drawing class. That's a little disappointing.

Vandenberg - Burning Heart (Official Music Video in Stereo)

I loved Maiden .. I saw them 5 straight nights in Radio City and once in both Nassau Coliseum and MSG on the Power Slave tour in 1986.... there were 6 shows at Radio City but Bruce Dickinson came down with a cold and cancelled the last show. Then when the 7th Son album came out I was just disenfranchised...although I did see Bruce Dickinson in Boston in a small club on Lansdown street when he had his short solo career...Tatooed Millionaire album. Seeing Dickinson in a small club was kind of cool even though the music sucked.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Meh

If Rooney has to be in can't it be for Pietila? I know Noesen sucks this year, but both Pietila and Rooney are overkill. At least Noesen is a threat to score a goal once in a while. I realize Pietila should have one goal this year, which was robbed from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->