GDT: Devils vs Leafs - 80's Night! - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The players all really liked Mac too.
I don't remember them ever saying anything particularly great about him like they do Hynes.

Other than ''We feel so bad that we got him fired, boo hoo'' and all that. Marty even accidentally buried the guy (though he probably didn't mean to) by saying ''There's no strategy, we just put our skates on and go out there''. RIP to the old Gulitti blog or I could dig up the exact quote.

That doesn't mean I think Hynes should have a job based on that though.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Perfect example of how this team doesnt give a f***

3 minutes left, Toronto isnt pressuring and... and... Palmieri dumps it in and all five players make a change.

Apparently passing it back to the defense and changing 3-4 isnt a thing

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Babcock controlled that 3rd, what can you do? We were challenged to make something in that period and we’re not talented enough to do it.

At least we made it a game. It was looking grim after 1 here.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
that was lemaire-esque. and they managed to outshoot the bejesus out of us too

That's just how ******* pathetically untalented our team is. Toronto sucks defensively. A team like philly would have torn that neutral zone play to shreds, and they are garbage. The lack of talent to stick handle, pass and shoot on this team is frankly offensive to me as a fan.

Reactions: MartyOwns

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Nico line was very bad... I don't understand why Hynes can't make in game changes..

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Clinic on how to defend a lead.

Of course, it helps when we're running a pop gun offense.

Yes, completely missing from our team all season. Whenever we get a goal, or two goal lead? Guess what, we don't change a thing. Tight lead in the 3rd period? Devils still play the same way (under Hynes) as if they've got nothing to defend..

Absolutely right on money. For whatever positive HYnes brings, he (or his staff) are one group of stubborn guys. They don't adapt well.

Reactions: GameSeven

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
i’m sorry there’s no way we had 29 shots lol

It's possible. The leafs defense blows. They played a pretty crap game and pretty much every other NHL team would have beat them tonight. Problem is they only had to play an AHL squad.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Would have been better off only scoring one or none with the snoozeglide through period #3. It makes the coaches look better and Hiney Head can have his moral victory and ramble about how great we played and how well our composure and attention to detail was and look validated in getting the team to bounce back from the disaster in BUF. This was the BUF game with better tending.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yes, completely missing from our team all season. Whenever we get a goal, or two goal lead? Guess what, we don't change a thing. Tight lead in the 3rd period? Devils still play the same way (under Hynes) as if they've got nothing to defend..

Absolutely right on money. For whatever positive HYnes brings, he (or his staff) are one group of stubborn guys. They don't adapt well.

The one massive feather Hynes has in his cap is motivating Hall to become a league MVP. That makes me want to take a chance on a guy like Duchene. Like Hynes do the one thing he's actually good at and get that guy playing with passion.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The one massive feather Hynes has in his cap is motivating Hall to become a league MVP. That makes me want to take a chance on a guy like Duchene. Like Hynes do the one thing he's actually good at and get that guy playing with passion.
That is not sustainable though.... you can't ask Pro's to run through a wall every night.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think the coaching is a pretty big problem.

It certainly is, but our defense, coaches aside, is one of if not the worst in the league. We knew this coming into the season. You can't work miracles with that. I thought the forwards would be better, and I think we have more than what we are showing offensively. That said, our bottom 6 is more or less and AHL squad, so that doesn't help.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

That's not even on Hynes. That's more on Shero since Shero was the one that had a talk with him about growing up and getting over the trade and if he wants to be on a playoff team he needs to up his game. Not the idiot behind the bench.

3 out of 4 seasons of horrible hockey that started off well then went to shit shows he is a garbage ass coach that can't motivate shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad