GDT: Devils vs. Kings - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Vats overall has been better then Severson this year and Subban defensively has been better the Severson as well.

Severson being better then Butcher and Mueller is inherently meaningless praise.

With Vatanen being awful before getting hurt and Severson playing so well lately I’d say Severson and Vatanen have had pretty comparable seasons at this point. Both were better than the other at different times.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
.898 and a 3.12 with Hynes. .922 and a 2.57 since.

Less clear with the other 2.

Domingue
.870 and a 3.45 with Hynes. .894 with a 3.64 since

Cory
.852 and a 4.59 with Hynes. .852 with a 4.84 since.

But this set of stats does say very clearly that A)non Blackwood goalies have killed us, and a little less clear, but can still be said with some confidence B) Hynes was a major issue as well.
Domingue and Schneider are arguably the worst two goalies in the NHL. You could also make a good case for Hutchinson or Martin Jones.

Schneider is like an .887% or something over his last 50 games including the playoff series. And like an .883% over his last 46 or 48 regular season games. He’s pretty clearly 2013 Rick DiPietro at this point.

And while Domingue was okay last year (on the best team in the league and he was likely racking up saves from score effects) he’s been underwhelming in his career. Granted not as much as this year, but he’d probably get his save percentage up to .900% or so if he was played enough games.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Give the Devils literally the best guys drafted here. They're still not a playoff team or even particularly close.

Pribabky the best picks for NJ in retrospect to me would have been Provorov and McAvoy. While NJ would still have no second goalie and I tend to agree they aren’t a playoff team yet, they’d be much closer. They’d have a young top pair and would be looking for depth players in defense and a legit second goalie. I know to some Barzal would have been the pick and he is a fantastic player but I don’t think it’s forwards that are the problem with the team last year and this year.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think ultimately we want to remove and upgrade the Muellers and Carricks of the team and not jettison Severson... and I am FAR from a Severson fan but he serves a purpose. Players like Carrick and Mirco just simply exist and are not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad