GDT: Devils vs. Jets - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Let's not take into consideration that the Coyotes are hot garbage. Let's not take into consideration that Severson get's sheltered minutes. Let's not take into consideration that OEL had his worst year last year because he played with a broken thumb and suffered a HUGE loss this year with the passing of his mother.

All of those things don't show up on your chart, so it would be fun if you would analyze ALL the variables... not just the one's that fit your narrative.

Being a great skater and being good in transition are great assets to have but most of us here want Moore gone, yet he brings the same criteria as Severson. Again, he has upside but let's not call him elite, like I've seen several times here.
Yeah, the Devils offense was strong last year. That really helped Severson’s numbers out. You have no argument.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
To be fair, so does winning...

Very very true.

You had guys arguing over who we would best match up against in the playoffs the other day.

Back in January I said I was looking forward to Patty night because it was the only guaranteed enjoyment.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
True... but he was our main guy on the right side and played sheltered minutes.

Again, 10 assists in 65 games for a guy that transitions the puck so well up the ice is pretty pathetic.
He’s scored goals at an elite rate at even strength. I’m honestly baffled by his lack of assists. Doesn’t make sense. There have probably been 10+ instances of guys just not burying his feeds this year. And the lack of secondary assists is just bad luck. A large percentage of secondary assists come on plays where guys do essentially nothing. Counting stats like just raw assist numbers don’t tell you that much.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
You have no room to cast stones based on your commentary of late..

you post that they’re going to lose every game in the “predict the score” thread and then go “aw shucks i guess i was right” when it happens, in a poorly veiled way to say “i told you so.” no one hedges their fandom here the same way so you get to be happy when they win but act like you’re smart for “calling it” when they lose and it’s a tired schtick

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
you post that they’re going to lose every game in the “predict the score” thread and then go “aw shucks i guess i was right” when it happens, in a poorly veiled way to say “i told you so.” no one hedges their fandom here the same way so you get to be happy when they win but act like you’re smart for “calling it” when they lose and it’s a tired schtick

I have a good record on that thread BTW.

Should it be changed to the Predict the Devils victory score?

Get outta fantasy land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->