GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Sweet, saw bits and pieces of the game, I see we gave up a ton of shots again.

Way to go kid, congrats on the shutout. Dammitt Eddy I was just going to post that Big Mac gif.

UZztzYE.gif

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It is the Canes and they have trouble scoring (even Cory only allowed 2 against them, which was the only start he allowed fewer than 3 in like the last 21 starts in the regular season) so 37 shots by them is kind of like 25 shots for most teams, and we did have a lot of PK time, so maybe we didn't play THAT badly, but I feel like this is one of those games where with mediocre goaltending we get blown open and talk about how bad the defense was and how much Severson sucks.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Raw shot totals can be deceiving. While we did get outshot, it didn't feel like we gave up that many high quality chances. I think the scoring chances were actually like 17-13 in our favor, although what qualifies as a scoring chance has always been kind of a murky area.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Raw shot totals can be deceiving. While we did get outshot, it didn't feel like we gave up that many high quality chances. I think the scoring chances were actually like 17-13 in our favor, although what qualifies as a scoring chance has always been kind of a murky area.

But a couple of the Canes' high-grade scoring chances they missed the net entirely. They definitely had a lot more of the good scoring chances than we did.

Carolinas definitely are. They are a high volume team that can’t score

Yeah definitely a lot of Pete-style hockey in there...cycle, shot generation but little to show for it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Blackwood has strung 10 great periods together and I hope it continues but I am not ready to say he is a starter or backup goalie. I am hoping that's the case but I think it is too early for him, he has had enough play yet.

What a great problem to have (if Blackwood continues) is three goalies. If Blackwood works out then for me it's bye bye Cory.
Well someone needed to be the third star lol.

First two were obvious.

McElhinney or however it's spelled played a solid game. He should've been the third star. Watching Carolina though, Aho really stands out. Seemed to always have the puck on his stick when he was on the ice.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bad job by game ops poking fun at the fan in the Hartford jersey

It's all good to do the Nascar joke with the Rawly fan, but not funny with the Hartford fan .

Otherwise, game ops did a good job with the Kids Day stuff

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zacha is lucky that rebound came right back to him - he almost blew yet another glorious chance.

I was watching the game so didn't get to comment, but lol. Hall finishes about 0.0001% of his breakaways. Pavel has a better finishing percentage on breakaways than Hall I would bet.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just rewatched the important stuff after getting home from The Rock. We were sooooo gifted that no goal. This board would explode if that was against us. The entire game was horrible as far as officiating is concerned. Ticky tack calls and then complete no calls on BLATANT stuff.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just rewatched the important stuff after getting home from The Rock. We were sooooo gifted that no goal. This board would explode if that was against us. The entire game was horrible as far as officiating is concerned. Ticky tack calls and then complete no calls on BLATANT stuff.

Contact in the crease .
No goal.

Looked like LJ intentionally slapped that dump in at the linesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->