GDT: Devils vs. Golden Knights - 10:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Made it to the beginning of the 3rd but after they made it 2-0, I called it quits.

Don’t think it was a terrible effort in the first 40 against a good team, but it seemed like it was going to be one of those nights.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I find it interesting how upset some of you guys are getting in some of these losses.

We are a bad team, playing a ton of young guys, on the road, on the end of a 5 game west coast trip, playing a good team. This was not an unexpected outcome.

Camille the Eel

2 goals blocker side on Blackwood off the rush. The opening one, Pacioretti’s, on the short side Blackwood was way off his angle and still moving at the time of the shot. High blocker side is where Blackwood needs to improve. No worries probably, he will get there.

We did not create much 5 on 5 on this road trip. But our defense and goals against was excellent.

We ran a 1 - 3 - 1 power play on the trip as the consistent default. Started putting Bratt and occasionally Gusev in the high slot bump last night, though Gusev also played well on the right half wall. Using Wood and occasionally Nico in the low slot screen. Power play was good but we’ve stopped looking for Palms on the one timer. Generally though we’ve been moving the puck faster and been much less predictable.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
B91DAADF-FF73-422C-AA3C-4C34DA06586D.jpeg

Been saying it for years now. Pete makes sure he has his team ready to beat us, no matter who he’s coaching. Even if it means not showing up against the previous opponent. We just can’t beat him. Be glad he isn’t coaching in the division. We’d never beat those teams even once.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2 goals blocker side on Blackwood off the rush. The opening one, Pacioretti’s, on the short side Blackwood was way off his angle and still moving at the time of the shot. High blocker side is where Blackwood needs to improve. No worries probably, he will get there.
The Pacioretty goal was a bad one, but the Karlsson goal was on a one timer from pretty close range. It did go through his arm, but it was as he was sliding across.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
View attachment 330933
Been saying it for years now. Pete makes sure he has his team ready to beat us, no matter who he’s coaching. Even if it means not showing up against the previous opponent. We just can’t beat him. Be glad he isn’t coaching in the division. We’d never beat those teams even once.
i kinda of miss DD

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The Pacioretty goal was a bad one, but the Karlsson goal was on a one timer from pretty close range. It did go through his arm, but it was as he was sliding across.
+1, 2nd goal was a REALLY good shot, can't say anything about it. i thought it went far side over macblack's right shoulder, but iirc he had squared up to the shooter

no comment on the 3rd goal, turned off the game as soon as it happened

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
+1, 2nd goal was a REALLY good shot, can't say anything about it. i thought it went far side over macblack's right shoulder, but iirc he had squared up to the shooter

no comment on the 3rd goal, turned off the game as soon as it happened
I only watched the recap, but was the third even considered for goaltender interference? I thought 92 (Nosek?) went pretty hard into the crease and made contact with Mac. Mac seems to make 2 good stops despite the traffic before VGK stuffs the rebound with all kinds of humanity crashing the low slot.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m
View attachment 330933

Maybe the Devils should hire Gallant.

Reactions: Hughes86Hischier13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: