GDT: Devils vs. Flyers - Watch With Wonder and Amazement! - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Based on his draft position and pre-NHL hype.

Most interesting thing about Hughes is how many "reputable" people in NHL media mentioned him as near Patrick Kane. That was laughable, as I said at the time. Even if it was only 10% of analysts that believed this....that's 10% too many.

Always thought Barzal was the best comparable and I didn't/don't mean that as a negative.

Patrick Kane was 8 months older than Jack and never played an NHL game as young as Jack will play his entire season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Most interesting thing about Hughes is how many "reputable" people in NHL media mentioned him as near Patrick Kane. That was laughable, as I said at the time. Even if it was only 10% of analysts that believed this....that's 10% too many.

Always thought Barzal was the best comparable and I didn't/don't mean that as a negative.

how is Kakko doing BTW? It’s who you thought we should have drafted.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I disagree. I'd be amazing. I'd have private investigators get dirt on all the other GMs and then force them to trade me their best players for our scrubs. Then I'd use the same private investigators to get dirt on the players forcing them to sign long term team friendly contracts. It would be glorious.
You really are a lawyer.

Reactions: My3Sons

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
...nevermind.
nirvanas-infamous-nevermind-cover-shoot-like-youv-2-3217-1431559605-6_dblbig.jpg

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Well one guy's opinion I would take on the matter of Jack being as good as Patrick Kane.... is Patrick Kane....

"I feel like when smaller players come into the League and they have that offensive-type game, it seems to be easy to compare them to a guy like me," said Kane, who is 5-foot-10, 177 pounds, but was 5-9, 160 at the 2007 NHL Scouting Combine. "But I think he does a lot of things better than me, to be honest with you."

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Oh you must be one of those people who wants to ice an entire team under 30. Got it.

Another way of looking at it - keep our good players who know how to score (the only two we have) and trade a couple (not all) of our young, underperforming players who haven’t and may not ever reach their potential.

It’s not like I’m advocating giving them away, I’m talking about making a hockey trade. And our UFAs to be and Subban would be up for grabs as well. Basically anyone except Nico, Hughes, MBW, Palms and Coleman (assuming they resign)
I guess you know it all so I don't need to bother to reply...

But I will anyway. Devs are going to need to make some tough decisions on Palms, Goose, and Coleman. Their highest value is now. We are not going to compete next year unless there is some miracle. At the end of next year that groups will be 30, 28, and 29. I don't want to see them all traded, but we should see who really wants to stay and who doesn't we should deal now. I would like to see a couple of them extended if possible.

I don't care about dealing Wood or Butcher if we can get something useful, but dealing Bratt and Zacha I am not on board with. But the bottom line is we can't surround Jack and Nico with an old team. There needs to be a mixture of players.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
those ages are not the end of their usefulness and it doesn’t guarantee that their next contracts will be bad either. you’re going to need vets it can’t be all 18-23 year olds on the team and banking on potential so if they can be signed to reasonable contracts you do it. we have the cap room

Reactions: tr83

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
those ages are not the end of their usefulness and it doesn’t guarantee that their next contracts will be bad either. you’re going to need vets it can’t be all 18-23 year olds on the team and banking on potential so if they can be signed to reasonable contracts you do it. we have the cap room
Reading comprehension: I don't want to see them all traded, but we should see who really wants to stay and who doesn't we should deal now. I would like to see a couple of them extended if possible.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->