New Jersey
giphy.gif

Big Mac sure is a Good Burger. <3

Reactions: The 29th Pick

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
your defense of miles wood is really something i'll give you that. he's not that good of a player. when I think of wood i think of him actually not scoring on a breakaway

He is a valuable and effective 4th liner. As long as you keep him there, he is an asset to the team. Move him up any further than the 3rd line and he is a detriment. I think a lot of the vitriol for Miles comes from the staff completely misusing him in the top 6.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Since there are no stats that I know of for tracking scoring percentage off of breakaways I will continue to think of Wood as a player who uses his speed to create them but more often than not does not score on them. If you can find this stat somewhere I'd love to see it.
Well whatever it was, it jumped a bunch after tonight.

Though I guess the second one wasn't really a breakaway.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL wonder and amazement was a good title for the GDT as it worked out, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't edited in after the game :sarcasm:

Reactions: JK3

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sometimes need a sanity check from a different fan base. i watched tonight's game and saw the devils were the better team in first, were better team coming out of each period and other than last 10-15 minutes in 2nd period were better team. I have flyer base telling me about CF 75% and we were better team but unlucky. Can Devil fans just send a little sanity?

Reactions: The 29th Pick

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sometimes need a sanity check from a different fan base. i watched tonight's game and saw the devils were the better team in first, were better team coming out of each period and other than last 10-15 minutes in 2nd period were better team. I have flyer base telling me about CF 75% and we were better team but unlucky. Can Devil fans just send a little sanity?
Thought the Devils played a good first 25-30 mins then they stood back way too much for the rest of the fane. They were fortunate to finish the few chances they got in the 3rd.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Well after seeing the Devils lose 4-1 in Colorado and lose 5-0 in Columbus.. I have to say I fully deserved to witness this win in Philly.

I was also very impressed with the number of Devils fans in attendance. Seemed like a lot of college kids came out for this one. Nothing like high-5s in the rival’s building after the game.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Why do people bitch about Wood so much? Dude is a 4th liner who can sub on the 3rd when needed and has had double digit goals for the last 3 years. If a coaching staff mis-uses him above his talent level that's not his fault.

On that note, I'm going to say something I didn't think I would ever. I like how Severson has been playing the last few weeks. Ever since that string of games where he was just giving away back breaking goals to the other team (including scoring on his own net), he's been very quiet in a good way in the defensive zone and contributing on offense. Now, is this just a mirage or is it a corner being turned that he can maintain? I'm still relatively skeptical. We shall see.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Why do people ***** about Wood so much? Dude is a 4th liner who can sub on the 3rd when needed and has had double digit goals for the last 3 years. If a coaching staff mis-uses him above his talent level that's not his fault.

On that note, I'm going to say something I didn't think I would ever. I like how Severson has been playing the last few weeks. Ever since that string of games where he was just giving away back breaking goals to the other team (including scoring on his own net), he's been very quiet in a good way in the defensive zone and contributing on offense. Now, is this just a mirage or is it a corner being turned that he can maintain? I'm still relatively skeptical. We shall see.

He did have his typical brain fart turnover in front of the net in the 3rd period but it doesn’t stick out as much when it’s in a blowout win. He has been playing better though, hopefully he keeps it up.

Still wouldn’t mind trading him for an upgrade. I want to see Fitz (or the new GM) reshape the team by packaging a couple of these guys to fill other needs:

Butcher
Severson
Zacha
Wood
Bratt (for the right deal)

Not big on the idea of trading Palmieri or Coleman

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
His first shutout came last year, in a matinee against the Canes. I was at the game. Zacha was an absolute horse that game.
I was at that game as well, I remember some dude sitting behind me was talking about how much of a bust Zacha was, and then Zacha scoring that shorty. Def yelled Zacha's name louder than I normally would after that...

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
He did have his typical brain fart turnover in front of the net in the 3rd period but it doesn’t stick out as much when it’s in a blowout win. He has been playing better though, hopefully he keeps it up.

Still wouldn’t mind trading him for an upgrade. I want to see Fitz (or the new GM) reshape the team by packaging a couple of these guys to fill other needs:

Butcher
Severson
Zacha
Wood
Bratt (for the right deal)

Not big on the idea of trading Palmieri or Coleman
So trade all our young guys (except Nico and Jack) on good contracts (except Butcher) and keep our older players who's contracts expire at the end of next year? Got it.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Missed the trivia answer, was it Cammaleri or Jagr or what? (Before Palmieri, the last devil with two PP goals in a game I think) Man I hope it hasn't been longer than that, it's already sad..

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I was at that game as well, I remember some dude sitting behind me was talking about how much of a bust Zacha was, and then Zacha scoring that shorty. Def yelled Zacha's name louder than I normally would after that...
He was an absolute stud that game. The type of game that shows you how fantastic he can be if he has the effort on a nightly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad