GDT: Devils vs. Flyers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
zajac is a no good thug, a goon. he's a borderline criminal who has made a career out of these types of felonious assaults. and what a bush league move by our coach- what exactly did hynes think was going to happen when he sent him out there? everyone knows zajac isn't going to score a goal. hynes put him on the ice for one reason, and that reason was to jump a defenseless player and send a message. disgusting. it should be out of the league.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

It's funny, since a lot of coaches say they don't speak to the players right after games, or maybe that's mostly just after a loss? I know Pete is like that, Hynes might have even said that he doesn't talk to the team after a loss.

I'd like to see more of these. That's one element of exposure that I'm quite enjoying, as I remember when we had the Stadium Series game, they showed AV talking to the Rangers in the pre-game before they took the ice, but we didn't get to see Pete talk to our team or a look inside the locker room before puck drop.

I never had a problem with Lou closing that side of the locker room and the team off to the fans, I think it was actually a good thing for a long time, but I'm also glad that's it's changed now.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i think i remember they were doing that all season leading up to the retirement game? or maybe even after

Camille the Eel

I thought Zacha had on of his best games. He looked quicker and decisive as well as going to the net, some slick stick handling, winning board battles and shooting. This is the type of player I thought we drafted. He looks like he’s gaining confidence.

He got his shots on goal too at last. Whether you ring it off the crossbar or miss high by a foot, neither shot has a chance to go in. So last night he hits the net, and the goaltender too, but still I like the adjustment. Plus two primary assists? Beautiful primary assist on the game tying goal that was the biggest goal of the game really, because without that one we lose.

A center ice guy's job is to create first, score second, in my opinion; in the classic version of what you want from a center. Joe Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Ryan Getzlaf and Zacha is a natural center. He sees the ice well. Besides that play from behind the net last night (and that's where you beat the Flyers, setting up down low, look at the replays from the Washington game the night before), Zacha moves the puck across the ice too, on the rush and the power play, hard and fast, very nicely.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mike Fisher came back..... .
Would be pretty sweet, but I don't think he's coming back. Fun to think about though.

When you break it down, he hasn't played a game in almost two years, I think he's only played a little more than a half a dozen games, maybe 10 since December of 2016 and he hasn't played more than 10 consecutive games in almost 3 years now and he's turning 42 in a couple months. He'd be the oldest player in the league right now, with Jagr's departure. He still has a half a year on Matt Cullen.

He looks like he's in good shape still, but he seems to be enjoying retirement, coming and going between the states and the Czech as he pleases. Seems like he's back and forth a lot.

Fisher is only 37 and just played less than 8 months ago. His comeback reminds me a lot of that year that both Niedermayer and Selanne retired after winning the cup, then came back in January of the next year. Nieds played another couple years after that, Selanne played about a half a dozen years after that.

Reactions: Darkauron

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
IMG_0207.JPG

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Elias’ jersey still hanging in the locker room?

Cool and all having an Elias jersey hanging in anticipation of his night and given his service to the team, just hope he won't be wearing an adidas in a few weeks. Not sure why they'd even make a jersey up of one he never wore, but par for the course.

Reactions: Darkauron

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Cool and all having an Elias jersey hanging in anticipation of his night and given his service to the team, just hope he won't be wearing an adidas in a few weeks. Not sure why they'd even make a jersey up of one he never wore, but par for the course.

lol this is finding something to get annoyed at.

Reactions: MakoSlade

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

it was obviously accidental, i'm cool with that. and for anybody complaining about it or chalking this up to some conspiracy, taylor hall boarded okposo the other night like he was the 4:30 train to ogdenville and wasn't suspended, so...

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
it was not obviously accidental. Pretty much everyone that I have seen discuss it has said it was not obviously accidental

Couple that with the fact that Gudas is a known piece of garbage, and yea....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
it was obviously accidental, i'm cool with that. and for anybody complaining about it or chalking this up to some conspiracy, taylor hall boarded okposo the other night like he was the 4:30 train to ogdenville and wasn't suspended, so...

Ehhh, not really. It was a penalty, but Okposo flopped too. Big time. Which is why he bounced right back up.

The Gudas thing was one of those accidental on purpose things that guys like him with his reputation are not supposed to get the benefit of the doubt for.

apperos76

Feb 23, 2010
Eh, I dislike the Flyers and Gudas specifically, but I don't think it was suspension-worthy. I don't think he was thinking "Oh I'm gonna leave the play and just light someone up." He make a quick cut to avoid his own player and at this point a collision was inevitable I believe. Everything up to this point was unintentional in my opinion. Now, at this point, he had two choices. 1) Ease up a bit to make the collision less catastrophic (which is kinda what Palms did) or 2) channel his inner asshole and say, "screw it, we are going to collide anyway so I might as well put some effort into it."

Gudas obviously picked option 2, probably because he is an asshole. So it was a mix of unintentional and intentional. But, again, I don't think it was suspension worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->