GDT: Devils vs. Blues - STAR WARS NIGHT - 7:30PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, I'm not worried. Cory is certainly not the only guy on this team who has underperformed for a stretch. You just can't hide a goalie being bad like you can a skater.

Where as we can hide a Quincy or a Lovejoy being kind of meh (and we have done that this year). We certainly can't hide half the team underperforming.

Like you said they look shell shocked, and most likely it is all interconnected. Everyone is over compensating for other bad performances and that is causing them to be even worse, which causes other guys to overcompensate and get worse and on and on we go.

We really need two things to happen. We need one or two of our top guys to say **** this and put the team on their back for a game or two. Hall and Cory are the two guys you have to look at to do this.

Second thing we need is a few days in Jersey to work on their poor areas and regain some confidence.

This makes tomorrow a huge game. Gutting a win in MSG against the hated rivals will send lots of good vibes into the locker room. They then have a few days before they have to get back on a plane to reset and work on things. So yeah tomorrow could be a disaster, or it could be exactly what we need to turn things around and get a strong road trip the rest of the week.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is some serious zombie voodoo going on with Ward. Maybe Ward and Bobo performed some kind of Space Jam ritual and stole Cory's talent? Might of stolen some of Henry's talent as well as he has been poor as well.

Bobrovsky was actually good before last season, at least since Columbus. He was just whatever in Philly. He was actually much like Keith Kinkaid in Philly. One solid season, then a bad second season. I'm more surprised that Bob hasn't hurt his groin getting up out of bed this season. He's always hurting his groin or something else.

I think Ward is just having a hot season. I expect by season's end, Cory's numbers will elevate, while Ward's numbers slide down to where Cory is right now. That's pretty much been Ward's best for the 4 years before this.

Lundqvist has been below 91% over the last 65 games or so. Cory's last 65 games probably don't look good either, at least with the current slide. Right before Cory's injury, he wasn't playing as well. But I think Cory wasn't playing as bad in late February/early March of last year, as his stats indicated. I didn't notice the eye test backing that up. I think it was just gonna be hard for him to sustain upper .920's the whole season and that's why he had a rough few weeks before the injury. Right now, the eye test certainly backs up the paper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad