Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yup.

That's a direct quote.

They asked if he ever thought about pulling him, he said ''No''. I think he even answered before the question was finished. Then he said ''He has to battle through it''.

That's a way to sink your own job (by having the team notice you're gonna throw them under the bus at will).

I'm sure the whole team recognizes that dick move and it is one way to lose your own lockerroom. I'm sure KK has had good rapport in the room for a few years now.

Reactions: Bleedred

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
We've actually well surpassed Johnny Mac year territory at this point. I don't ever remember the team being this bad since they were hanging Chico out to dry.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We've actually well surpassed Johnny Mac year territory at this point. I don't ever remember the team being this bad since they were hanging Chico out to dry.

Strangely they're 3-4-1 in their last eight games. It may seem as bad but it's not quite there yet. It might get there in a few games though.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Severson sucks. The evidence is overwhelming. I had hoped he would turn a corner but now I'm just hoping to get a 2nd back for him.

I can't believe that John Moore actually looks good in comparison.
or maybe he's being pushed into a role he can't handle because of a lack of depth? There's really no evidence either in John Moore being better than Severson either. One can just tell this by their contract history

anyway the comment I was replying too was saying people on the team dislike Severson which is just out there

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Strangely they're 3-4-1 in their last eight games. It may seem as bad but it's not quite there yet. It might get there in a few games though.
The guy that stole one of the games for us was sent back to Albany for his troubles.

With this Schneidkaid goalie tandem and some of these guys in the lineup and barely AHL caliber call ups, I think it's possible we don't win more than 5 games this year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The guy that stole one of the games for us was sent back to Albany for his troubles.

With this Schneidkaid goalie tandem and some of these guys in the lineup and barely AHL caliber call ups, I think it's possible we don't win more than 5 games this year.

It might be close but a lot of teams divebomb down the stretch in similar fashion. What made the Mac thing so craptacular was they divebombed basically after the first game on and were losing blowout after blowout in December. They have lost a few blowouts lately, probably will lose a couple more on the road. I know they aren't winning more than like three road games the rest of the year, if that. Probably luck into a few at home but they've stopped playing well there consistently too.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I get that, but it's worse somehow tho. It is just like Jacque said. When things go even slightly amiss, they seem to lose their ability to play hockey.

This isn't a terrible team. When all pistons are firing, they can skate with most of the league...
But when off, it is hard to see anything positive in any facet of their game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

And I've said all year I want him away from this mess...this game is a perfect reason why. Or LA. Or Minnesota.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
or maybe he's being pushed into a role he can't handle because of a lack of depth? There's really no evidence either in John Moore being better than Severson either. One can just tell this by their contract history

No. It is just individual discrete bad decisions. Kid has got oodles of talent and no clue what to do in his own zone some nights.

I could blame the system, but the plays he makes are just bad reads, being beaten one-on-one, poor stick...
Yuk. When he is off his game, he's just plain terrible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I've said all year I want him away from this mess...this game is a perfect reason why. Or LA. Or Minnesota.
I think he could have made the LA and Minnesota game more respectable, but he wouldn't have fared well tonight.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No. It is just individual discrete bad decisions. Kid has got oodles of talent and no clue what to do in his own zone some nights.

I could blame the system, but the plays he makes are just bad reads, being beaten one-on-one, poor stick...
Yuk. When he is off his game, he's just plain terrible.
John Moore is still not better than him. And the original comment was saying players on the team dislike Severson...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a way to sink your own job (by having the team notice you're gonna throw them under the bus at will).

I'm sure the whole team recognizes that dick move and it is one way to lose your own lockerroom. I'm sure KK has had good rapport in the room for a few years now.
Honestly, if there's a way to lose the locker room (and I don't think Hynes has lost the room, like many do) this is a GREAT way to do it.

Like I've said, it really doesn't make you feel like the coach has your back when you leave a guy in there to just allow as many goals as he can for the rest of the game. He hasn't been good this year, but he should have been taken out much earlier.

And it gives Cory a chance at a warm up as well.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
John Moore is still not better than him. And the original comment was saying players on the team dislike Severson...

I don't know man. Right now his confidence is shot and his game is so bereft of intelligence that his goalie publicly called him out during a game. I can't remember too many devils goalies ever doing that. Not Marty's MO and before that... Burke and terreri got on guys, but..

Like bleed said, hyness has lost the team. By not pulling kk, I think shero should pull the plug.

I can't imagine kk resigns whether we want him or not.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Honestly, if there's a way to lose the locker room (and I don't think Hynes has lost the room, like many do) this is a GREAT way to do it.

Like I've said, it really doesn't make you feel like the coach has your back when you leave a guy in there to just allow as many goals as he can for the rest of the game. He hasn't been good this year, but he should have been taken out much earlier.

And it gives Cory a chance at a warm up as well.
This. Although, if there was one goalie out of 62 in the league that I might not put into thatt situation, that might be Cory.

Reactions: Bleedred

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Yeah I thought that was pretty shitty when Hynes said that about whether Kinkaid should have been pulled. At least it would have sent some sort of message to the players regarding their absolutely disgusting effort.

Then again this dip shit is rewarding Severson with PP time after that awful display of attempting to play defense.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This. Although, if there was one goalie out of 62 in the league that I might not put into thatt situation, that might be Cory.
I almost think it speaks to Hynes not wanting to play Cory and avoiding him as much as he can, which I don't blame him for that either.

But when we're playing Gryba, Gabriel and Rooney, I don't think trying to avoid playing Cory is a paramount of importance at this point in the season.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hynes is probably sick of both goalies at this point and figured he's f***ed either way. Or he didn't want to risk Cory having a PTSD episode in a complete shitshow.

Personally I don't really give a f*** anymore. I'm about done with both of them. I have more confidence in Senn as a starter than both of them, and he's never even played a game for us.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I almost think it speaks to Hynes not wanting to play Cory and avoiding him as much as he can, which I don't blame him for that either.

But when we're playing Gryba, Gabriel and Rooney, I don't think trying to avoid playing Cory is a paramount of importance at this point in the season.

Yeah but, I get that it's a lost season, but we should be able to build towards something.

I think after 4 goals, you just play Cory for a spark or just playing time.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I wonder if Mueller sits so much because he probably doesn't listen to Hynes on how he wants him to play defense.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I wonder if Mueller sits so much because he probably doesn't listen to Hynes on how he wants him to play defense.

Interesting angle. So Mueller plays a Mueller game and ends up +1, everyone else buys in plays a Hynes game gets -4. Gryba who didn't know better or unable to learn system, plays a simple game gets better than -4.

It has some legs....

We'll only know for sure if Mueller is sitting next game.... I mean, Yak scored a tying goal in the Rangers game, and he was sitting next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->