GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 8:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The beer must have been good, they played Rawly

Yes Rawly! I have(had) tickets to both of those sunday games (last Sunday Car and Buffo this sun, getting them crossed). haha.

But my point was the crowd was good with Carolina game, mainly because there were almost all NJ fans in the arena.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Let-down-gif.gif

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Keith probably could have had 3 of those 8 goals, but 2 of them came after the point where he should have been mercy lifted.

And then he said he never thought about pulling him and he has to ''Battle through it''. That's not a good look from Hynes. He should have pulled him by the 6th goal. Maybe even by the 5th goal which was like halfway through the 2nd period. It makes it look like he really doesn't have the guy's back when he keeps him out there to get shelled. Almost like he's trying to punish him for making him look like a bad coach this year. Which I think it's long been proven that Hynes isn't anything remarkable or worth praising as a head coach, so it's not like Kinkaid is really helping us reach that conclusion much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Double post, my internet sucks.

So I'll use this to post about how much Gryba sucks. He's AIDS.

Play Murphy or even Santini or GTFO.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I thought Keith probably could have had 3 of those 8 goals, but 2 of them came after the point where he should have been mercy lifted.

And then he said he never thought about pulling him and he has to ''Battle through it''. That's not a good look from Hynes. He should have pulled him by the 6th goal. Maybe even by the 5th goal which was like halfway through the 2nd period. It makes it look like he really doesn't have the guy's back when he keeps him out there to get shelled. Almost like he's trying to punish him for making him look like a bad coach this year. Which I think it's long been proven that Hynes isn't anything remarkable or worth praising as a head coach, so it's not like Kinkaid is really helping us reach that conclusion much.

Man, if Hynes is doing it for some strategic retribution that is a guy you don't want behind the bench ever. Did he really say he never thought about pulling him? Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've said for a long time that Santini will have a longer NHL career than Severson.
Pending an injury causing a premature ending to Severson's career, I think you'd lose that bet.

I think Merrill's career in the NHL may be longer than Santini's. I see nothing great about Santini. Mueller is much better. Defensemen like Santini are a dime a dozen, even though he was a good prospect and I thought he'd be better. But he is much better than Gryba though.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario

He doesn’t. He showed that during one of Schneider’s putrid games at the beginning of the year where he should have been mercy pulled and wasn’t. Reason at the time was it was a back to back situation, but I’m sorry goalies are capable of playing in back to backs. They don’t die if they have to play twice in two days. After that game he pulled Schneider quickly. He has no excuse tonight.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man, if Hynes is doing it for some strategic retribution that is a guy you don't want behind the bench ever. Did he really say he never thought about pulling him? Jesus Christ.
Yup.

That's a direct quote.

They asked if he ever thought about pulling him, he said ''No''. I think he even answered before the question was finished. Then he said ''He has to battle through it''.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Pending an injury causing a premature ending to Severson's career, I think you'd lose that bet.

I think Merrill's career in the NHL may be longer than Santini's. I see nothing great about Santini. Mueller is much better. Defensemen like Santini are a dime a dozen, even though he was a good prospect and I thought he'd be better. But he is much better than Gryba though.

Is there anyone worse than Gryba? That’s a shorter list. Jay Leach, OMG, Lance Ward, Colin White post eye injury.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He doesn’t. He showed that during one of Schneider’s putrid games at the beginning of the year where he should have been mercy pulled and wasn’t. Reason at the time was it was a back to back situation, but I’m sorry goalies are capable of playing in back to backs. They don’t die if they have to play twice in two days. After that game he pulled Schneider quickly. He has no excuse tonight.
This reminded me of the game late in 2016-2017. I think it was the second or third to last game of the season.

It was against the Pens at home and Schneider allowed 7 goals that game and 5 or 6 were before the 2nd even ended.

And while Schneider was poor that year (the first year of his decline), I clearly remember just one goal being stoppable in that game and him having no chance on most of them.

And yeah, he's pulled Cory twice this year. The last time was clearly an efficiency pull after two brutally soft goals allowed, but in Ottawa he allowed just one weak goal before he was relieved after 4 goals in the 2nd period.

He also pulled Keith after 7 goals in Tampa early this year, so I thought for sure he'd be out by goal 7 and by then I figured it might take 10 to get him out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad