GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Anyone wanna give a summary
Started off slow but found their legs as the game went on. Blamed the slow starts of the last two games on the long practices in the morning and travel before the game.

Cory was great.

PP1 did well on the goal.

Was impressed with Zacha for his first game back after little practice.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I really hope Zacha gets out of the 4th line to kick off this season, i feel the potential is still so high for a breakout season......... would suck if he gets his minutes limited down there...

Assuming we're healthy who do you knock out of the top 9 for him?

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The Papa Johns situation had me cracking up. In one sequence a little girl begged for pizza they toss it over her head. Some people obviously didn’t want the dang pizza and they are pegged with a pizza box. I am also curious how the pizza ends up after being violently tossed across the arena.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Assuming we're healthy who do you knock out of the top 9 for him?

That's a tough one.

Maybe Simmonds?

Or perhaps Hynes rolls 4 lines with a more even ice time distribution, like as if we dont have a bonafide 4th line, but but instead mutliple 2 or 3rd lines.

Let's say Boqvist and Wood are on team, that "4th line" with Zacha could be fast and skilled (Zacha/Boqvist), give them not 4th line minutes.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The Papa Johns situation had me cracking up. In one sequence a little girl begged for pizza they toss it over her head. Some people obviously didn’t want the dang pizza and they are pegged with a pizza box. I am also curious how the pizza ends up after being violently tossed across the arena.

Yes i saw that too, near the stairs, she had aisle seat, he just chucked it away...

Who wants to get hit in the head with a pepperoni personal pizza box... Lol. Funny stuff...

Camille the Eel

Besides Corey, what I took from this game:

1. Hall being back. His skating. He was the best player on the ice, no one could handle him, he looks in better shape now than at any time since he’s been here.

2. How good Subban is. The puck possession and how he will settle things down, skating and holding the puck until things get organized. We have not had this in more than 10 years, maybe since Neidermeier left.

These two guys alone will turn this team around this year.

But I do not want Corey exposed to this level of shot barrage night in and night out. We need to cut down on the turn overs and tighten up around him.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What happened with Hughes? He left the game?

We don't actually know. With a few minutes left he took a hit. He got up clearly favoring his right side and slowly skated to the bench. Because the stream looked like someone forgot to adjust the rabbit ears on their old tube TV, we couldn't tell if he stayed on the bench. We do know he didn't play after that.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
We don't actually know. With a few minutes left he took a hit. He got up clearly favoring his right side and slowly skated to the bench. Because the stream looked like someone forgot to adjust the rabbit ears on their old tube TV, we couldn't tell if he stayed on the bench. We do know he didn't play after that.

Him not playing again also shouldn’t be alarming. There was like 3:30 left so he wasn’t going to play either way

Camille the Eel

Schneider has been on this team since 2013 and there are still people misspelling his name ‘Corey’...:confused:
Oh the spelling police again . . . Amazing how persistently they turn up. What about grammar? Any pointers there? Maybe there should be a rule on the board - misspelled names get posts deleted? Or invent an autocorrect.

I plead guilty. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa. I need a copy editor, line editor and fact checker.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Oh the spelling police again . . . Amazing how persistently they turn up. What about grammar? Any pointers there? Maybe there should be a rule on the board - misspelled names get posts deleted? Or invent an autocorrect.

I plead guilty. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa. I need a copy editor, line editor and fact checker.
I don’t care about grammatical or spelling errors on here. I would just think that 6 years would be long enough for Devils fans to know his correct first name. The amount I see his name being spelled incorrectly by long time Devil fans is pretty mind boggling.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Him not playing again also shouldn’t be alarming. There was like 3:30 left so he wasn’t going to play either way

Agreed, but him going straight to the locker room might be. But I couldn't tell if he did or not.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Im thinking a Hughes and Gusev duo is going to have a big problem getting the puck back when they lose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->