Confirmed with Link: Devils Trade Henrique, Blandisi, 3rd Round Pick to Anaheim for Sami Vatanen/Conditional 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Ho Lee Crap.

I really wanted to keep Henrique... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We all agreed here he was the most expendable piece that was going to bring us a de-man back in a trade.

Shero seriously is a wizard with his trades.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I knew Blender was not in our long term plans but I'm stunned by this deal.

Is Vat fully recovered from shoulder surgery and was it a recurring issue?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
hmmmmm. i'm not sure i am overly high on it, but seems henrique became expendable with the young forwards they have now. its just that henrique, to me, screams a guy who will always score big goals at clutch times (see 2012 playoff run). and i also wonder what this does for the room, as clearly henrique was one of the more popular guys around the team from what it appeared. i would assume blandisi gets a chance to play too, which it didn't seem was gonna happen in NJ - i do think he can still definitely be a good NHLer.

overall, i will trust shero but i'm kinda meh on the deal. never been a huge vatanen guy, but obviously haven't watched him play overly closely.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Gonna miss Rico. But I suppose with him getting pushed to the 4th line some games this isn't surprising.

I also am a bit concerned that this makes our defense somewhat... unbalanaced?

LHD: Greene, Moore, Butcher, Mueller
RHD: Severson, Vatanen, Santini, Lovejoy, Prout

Is it just me or is that a lot of offensive guys with questionable defense?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Vatanen immediately becomes the #1 dman on this team. He's not a #1 though. More of a great #3.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Gonna miss Rico. But I suppose with him getting pushed to the 4th line some games this isn't surprising.

I also am a bit concerned that this makes our defense somewhat... unbalanaced?

LHD: Greene, Moore, Butcher, Mueller
RHD: Severson, Vatanen, Santini, Lovejoy, Prout

Is it just me or is that a lot of offensive guys with questionable defense?
thats ray shero for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->