Confirmed with Link: Devils sign KHL Defenseman Yaroslav Dyblenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Had this in the other thread.

6'1" 205 lbs. Has been in the KHL for 5 years, hasn't been much of a point producer there, though he did put up 12 in 29 for Atlant in 14-15. He also had a .5 ppg year in the MHL when he was 19(split season MHL and KHL). Played in the WJC in 12-13. 0 pts in 7 gp's.

One wonders with Maltsev, Rykov and now Dyblenko if mining for Russian talent is a focus for Shero.

Edit: He is a Lefty.

Would like to know his skating level. But it's a can't go wrong type of signing.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I guess Rykov didn't want to cross the pond until everyone learns how to pronounce his surname, that's why they signed another player with 'y' letter in his name. :sarcasm:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
No reason not to do this.

Helgeson, Loov, Stollery, and Auvitu are all free agents at years end. Stollery and Helgeson are UFAs while Auvitu and Loov are RFAs.

As of right now, the LD depth chart (signed through next year) is Greene - Moore - Merrill - White - MacDonald (AHL deal). Devils still need to sign at least two more defenders for the left side.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
5 years of KHL experience. Turns 24 in Dec. How good a look does he get at the NHL club to start the season?

Especially if we lose Moore?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Feels like another Mozik sort of move - bring over a relatively old pro from Europe and see if he's got anything.

I like it. Anything to get more Russians in the organization. He's probably headed for the AHL though.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Encouraging to see Shero keep exploring these alternative avenues. Eventually we'll hit on one.

....right?
Pretty much. If he's a capable KHL defenseman he'll at least be good AHL depth, and he's only 23. It's really never a bad idea to bring in a capable AHL player on an ELC. If he shines and breaks through to the NHL you win big. If not, he strengthens the AHL team to help development there and you let him walk and replace him with a new ELC when his ELC expires.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can never have too many defensemen.

He looks physical ....Reminiscent of Vitaly Vishnevskiy

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Probably starts in the AHL as a Helgeson replacement as I believe Seth is too old (with too many professional games played) to count as a development player anymore.

I don't see us bringing back Loov, MacWilliam or Auvitu either, so replenishing the LHD pipeline certainly doesn't hurt.

Santini will be in the NHL and Mozik likely re-signed, so a defensive core of MacDonald, Dyblenko, White, Jacobs & Mozik plus a couple of veteran additions (perhaps Stollery returning) should leave Binghamton in good shape next year.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Good stuff!

"...I don’t know anyone in the team. There was Sergei Kalinin, but then he was traded to another team. Too bad, it would have been easier with another Russian guy in the team."

Sign Radulov to give this guy someone to talk to. :sarcasm:

Kovy is a free agent.
Kovy is a free agent.
Kovy is a free agent.
Kovy is a free agent.
Kovy is a free agent.
Kovy still owns his home in NJ.
Kovy is a free agent.
There's no chance Kovy comes back especially with the NHL not going to the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->