Confirmed with Link: Devils Sign Goaltender Cam Johnson

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

Impressive college stats, 23 years old, signed to one year entry-level contract. Sent to Binghimton AHL squad for amateur tryout. Seney got a thread so he should as well as everyone else.

Go Devils!

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Good for him, I hope he makes the best of his opportunity. How rare it is for a goalie to get signed out of the blue like that.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Yes! Finally some toughness :sarcasm:
10133506-large.jpg

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
With his numbers I dont get how he wasnt drafted

I was reading how drafting goalies isn't so dependent on stats/numbers. I don't know how true that is, but there was some article about it. It's just hard drafting goalies in general.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
With goalies, as he has with D, Shero goes an uncommon path in terms of finding talent.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
With goalies, as he has with D, Shero goes an uncommon path in terms of finding talent.

Shero really is the one of the best GMs in the league

He finds all these hidden gems throughout all of the leagues on top of making amazing trades.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Shero really is the one of the best GMs in the league

He finds all these hidden gems throughout all of the leagues on top of making amazing trades.
He certainly leaves no stone unturned. Whether it's college UFA, ECHL players, older european draftee's. He continues to bring in #'s from all angles.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't want to start a debate if they should or will, but CAN they put Cory in the press box and bring him up?

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I watched him play all 4 years. He is positional sound with a decent glove but not overly athletic. North Dakota plays a very solid defensive game and he benefited greatly from that. The talent fell off this year and so did his numbers. I'm not expecting much but it's worth a flyer.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

NA prospects are drafted by age 20. His last year of draft eligibility would've been that final USHL year he split between those two teams.

A lot of goalies end up being late bloomers and their development is a crapshoot. Kinkaid is a good example of how unpredictable it is. He went to the USHL as a 18-19 year old and struggle, then went to the AtJHL and NAHL which are U-20 leagues considered a step down from USHL. Carter Hutton and Ben Scrivens are another example of undrafted goalies who went the U-20 juniors -> college route.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Way too close to Cam Janssen in name.

Killbillz

Mar 22, 2018
That's not Jimmy schuldt but ok
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/ground.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad