Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Drew Stafford to 1yr Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Then trade for one! Yes it's costs to get a trade but it is what it is. Before I get yelled at for going off topic I'll stop talking shatenkirk.

Still think jagr would be better and have more trade value

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jagr's scored 1 goal and 20 points in his last 39 playoff games, including 0 goals and 12 points in his last 28 playoff games. I don't think he's gonna be worth much at the trade deadline. You see how many teams wanna sign him right now as a UFA, not that I agree with that. I think he should have been signed already, but I don't think you can logically expect to get much for him at the deadline. Even if he has a good season up to that point.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
With whom? For what? Such defensemen just aren't often available by any measure.

I don't know. I have my own real life problems to worry about. I'm sure at some point in NHL history a defenseman was traded. Where there is a will there is a way.

At some point in the next two years I'm sure a dman will be moved in the NHL.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Travis Hamonic was traded for essentially two first round picks. He is kind of JAG. Just as an example.

Thats not the type of move we are in the position to make. Yet. Next summer I believe we will be in on trading for a DMan.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Travis Hamonic was traded for essentially two first round picks. He is kind of JAG. Just as an example.

Thats not the type of move we are in the position to make. Yet. Next summer I believe we will be in on trading for a DMan.

I agree all I'm asking for is wait and see then go get someone.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't know. I have my own real life problems to worry about. I'm sure at some point in NHL history a defenseman was traded. Where there is a will there is a way.

At some point in the next two years I'm sure a dman will be moved in the NHL.

Wow, that is a new one. I've never seen a more final statement to get out of a disagreement on this site before.

P1:"That guy has always been a 30 goal scorer."

P2:"When in his career has he scored more than 15??"

P1:"I don't know man. I got taxes to pay, don't bother me with this stuff."

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I agree all I'm asking for is wait and see then go get someone.

You also have to hope the defenseman you need is available, you have the assets and space to trade for him, no other team tops your offer, the team trading him would be willing to trade him to NJ, and in some cases, the player wants to come to NJ.

But yeah, let's take our chances with all of that rather than sign a guy for free.

Merrills Marauders

Jul 20, 2011
New Jersey
You also have to hope the defenseman you need is available, you have the assets and space to trade for him, no other team tops your offer, the team trading him would be willing to trade him to NJ, and in some cases, the player wants to come to NJ.

But yeah, let's take our chances with all of that rather than sign a guy for free.

And if we do make a trade for a legitimate top pairing D-man, he has to be elite for his entire term. Can't have him be good for 2 years and fall off a cliff like Shattenkirk would have when we would be ready to compete. Would want that assurance pre-trade.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Then trade for one! Yes it's costs to get a trade but it is what it is. Before I get yelled at for going off topic I'll stop talking shatenkirk.

Let me get this straight...

So we shouldn't sign a big-ticket free agent because it doesn't match our organizational timeline. Instead, you think we should play the kids, see what we have, and go from there.

But now, instead of signing a premiere player at his position, you're advocating a trade for one? Do you not realize such a trade would almost certainly cost those very kids you want to play so much? Why do you not find it more advantageous to sign a player for just cash, rather than gutting our young depth in a trade?

Shattenkirk is a Ranger, so this is all moot. Your approach has been fallacious from the start, though, and I'm just trying to understand your logic. Because I don't get it at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

You were right the first time, this is OT now and evidently nobody wants to talk about Stafford anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->