Devils Serious Cup Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Having a healthy Johansson and Palmieri is basically like a free agent and a half over last year’s team which was still a 97-point team despite A LOT of significant man-games lost.

Nico will get even better. Miles Wood is better. Jesper Bratt is a project but it continues. Zacha looks good. I can go on about promising flashes from Mirco Mueller and Severson just staying the course (which is fine), etc...

Trust the process. The Devils are quietly undergoing a steady renaissance while the rest of HF stays on the Leafs bandwagon, and I’m ok with that.

Trust in Based Shero.

Another edit: In all that I forgot we also have Taylor ****ing Hall lmao

The Leafs are a great team so its well deserved, funny this they are praised for their speed but the Devils looked faster than them everytime we played them last season.

13 > 3. All equally irrelevant to today's teams.

All three of the Devils Cups were in the modern era, our Cups were uch harder to achieve than yours. Most Leafs fans have never seen a cup win.

Reactions: New Jersey

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
This is a pretty delusional thread start. But on the other hand Vegas advanced to the final last season. Probably we should open a thread like this for every team.

Reactions: New Jersey

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Devils celebrated tonight as if they were already playing in the Cup Finals. It was odd to see during the second week of the season. It was also cute to see them running around knowing Wilson is suspended. The Caps played their backup goaltender and played last night. I wouldn’t take too much away from it. Ultimately the Devils will be competing for the wild card and will lose in round 1 should they make it.

that may be but still shut the f*** out of your caps and the devils played their backup goalie also

……that said, this thread is waaay too early

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
holy shit what world did I just tumble into

they look great

ok. I think we're done here.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
All three of the Devils Cups were in the modern era, our Cups were uch harder to achieve than yours. Most Leafs fans have never seen a cup win.

You missed the point. A cup from 15 years ago means nothing in todays game. I'm glad you got ot see it, but is completely irrelevant discussing todays teams.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
I've said before that both the Devils and Avalanche are teams that I could totally see missing the playoffs and creating a freakout for a bunch of people, but that even if that happens, the long-term pieces are good enough that their fans should remain calm and enjoy the ride (Colorado in particular because lmao, they could be that "best team to miss the playoffs" thing that you hate to be, and still have the best shot at Jack Hughes). I do not think the Devils are serious contenders, and I don't think you can glean much of anything from games played thus far, especially when you're one of two teams that are only two games in.

They're 2-0, yes. One of those games was against the Oilers, who should be terrible. Yes, they stomped the defending champions. That is also ONE GAME, and tbqh, that Capitals team is the worst Cup champion since, at very least, the 2006 Hurricanes, might never have been the actual better team in any series they played, and the only reason I don't tell Caps fans this more is because if the best team always won, they'd have already won like three Cups since the cancelled season. Luck and variance matter, and the Capitals were a kinda whatever team who things all came together for after years of insanely great teams running into "career tweener goalie Jaroslav Halak putting up a .999 save percentage" or whatever. So, even if we take a lot from one game, it's still not super impressive to me.

The big thing for me is whether Hischier takes the next step. I honestly was underwhelmed by him at the draft, but for a teenager he had a REALLY strong rookie season. I was wrong, he's going to be a very elite player in the NHL. If that starts this year, the Devils are a probably a serious playoff team that can become a great team with a few tweaks. In that situation, if I'm a Devils fan, my deadline wish list is one or two solid defensemen, doesn't need to be something special, they might've been a good place for Connor Carrick when the Leafs inexplicably gave up on him, and then another Grabner type for the top-six. But they defnitely have the elite talent between Hischier, Hall, and honestly, call be crazy, but I REALLY like both Will Butcher and Damon Severson. Good luck to em, but OP is blowing his load a little earlier.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Devils are just so deep, like everyone is scoring man. ELEVEN goals in 2 games, holy shit

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm embarrassed by this thread. Especially since most of the posts made by the OP over this offseason were ripping Shero for making no upgrades and complaining about our prospect pool being ranked in the bottom 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad