Devils score 3 own goals in the same game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of those deals where the coach sees the guy constantly defending, so trusts him to play defense.

Doesn't realize that he's always defending because he can't play effective defense and never gets the puck out.
That's it! The Brooks Orpik syndrome.

So many of our fans think this is good too. We've already had calls to trade Will Butcher for a defensive defenseman and so many people on our board don't give Severson enough credit. It sucks.

The problem with our team if you can look at goaltending like I can, is much more on the goalies than on the defense. The defense really hasn't been that bad. If anything, some of the forwards have been worse ''Defensively'' than the defensemen. I just see soft goals going in left and right and a combined save percentage below .900% by quite a bit. Hard to fault Kinkaid. He's a career backup, playing on a team that really can't afford to start the other guy because he gives games away left and right. He does have 3 shutouts this year and a few 1 goal against games behind the same team, with the same ''Terrible defense''. yet his save percentage is just below the league average, while whatever is left of Schneider's cremated remains can't even do better than .862% after 6 starts.

If he would have stopped the softies tonight early in the game, the own goals wouldn't have cost us the game, but by allowing weak ass goals like goal 1 and goal 3, it left no margin for error.

I'll bet my account you put a bunch of really good defensemen on this team, the goaltending is still gonna be suspect, because Schneider can't play anymore and Kinkaid is just a backup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's it! The Brooks Orpik syndrome.

So many of our fans think this is good too. We've already had calls to trade Will Butcher for a defensive defenseman and so many people on our board don't give Severson enough credit. It sucks.

The problem with our team if you can look at goaltending like I can, is much more on the goalies than on the defense. The defense really hasn't been that bad. If anything, some of the forwards have been worse ''Defensively'' than the defensemen. I just see soft goals going in left and right and a combined save percentage below .900% by quite a bit. Hard to fault Kinkaid. He's a career backup, playing on a team that really can't afford to start the other guy because he gives games away left and right. He does have 3 shutouts this year and a few 1 goal against games behind the same team, with the same ''Terrible defense''. yet his save percentage is just below the league average, while whatever is left of Schneider's cremated remains can't even do better than .862% after 6 starts.

If he would have stopped the softies tonight early in the game, the own goals wouldn't have cost us the game, but by allowing weak ass goals like goal 1 and goal 3, it left no margin for error.

I'll bet my account you put a bunch of really good defensemen on this team, the goaltending is still gonna be suspect, because Schneider can't play anymore and Kinkaid is just a backup.
I know you're doing the goalies this year. When there's a larger sample, I'm gonna be bothering you to see how Georgiev is doing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know you're doing the goalies this year. When there's a larger sample, I'm gonna be bothering you to see how Georgiev is doing.
I can give you what I got so far the NYR goalies. I've got Georgiev at 7 so far. Hockey reference says he's allowed 25 goals, so that's 28%. Still very few games played, so a market correction may or may not be in order. I've found a lot of the .900%-ish or sub-.900% guys are up around 30%. There are some exceptions though.

I nailed on Lundqvist on two of those 5-hole goals last night. Very rare that I've seen him allow 2 stoppable ones in a game this year. There was the one in LA early in the year that I think I did, but not many others, if any others. I currently have him at 13 stoppable. Hockey reference says he's allowed 59 goals this year. So that's only 22% percent, which might sound high, but it's very low. There's not many guys I have around 20%, the average seems to be 25% or so. I think the lowest percentages of stoppable goals I have are probably Andersen, Lundqvist, Rinne, Gibson and Varlamov. As far as guys who are starters and who have played an adequate amount of games. Smith, Allen, Markstrom, Talbot, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Domingue, Ward, have all have been trash. Price is pretty close. I've counted more on Holtby than his save percentage would suggest, but they have slowed down from the first month, where he was brutal and it was showing in the save percentage. I've got Anderson down for the most, but that's not because he's terrible (although he's below average) as much he's played the most games, minutes, faced the most shots, etc. Gibson has probably an average or above average count, but it's like GAA. The percentage is low for him, but the count is high, due to games played, shots faced, etc.

Schneider is at 11 on 25 goals allowed. That's two less than Lundqvist in 16 fewer starts and 14 fewer games played. I think only Anderson, Allen and Markstrom have hit 20 far. Smith is at 19 and Price, Hellebuyck, Holtby and Bobrovsky are all around 18 or 19. As is Kinkaid of the Devils. I haven't reviewed tonight's games though. I'm about to get on that. Only the Devils Ducks game did I watch in entirety. I did watch highlights of the afternoon games, but was just waking from a nap haha, so I have to do them again.

Fleury hasn't been as bad by my count as his league save percentage. Greiss has probably been worse on my count than his save percentage. Martin Jones hasn't been quite as bad as a .900% goalie, but he's close. And you know I'm not a Jones fan, so it's not a bias cause he's on the Sharks. He's been close to as bad, but not quite as bad.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
One of those deals where the coach sees the guy constantly defending, so trusts him to play defense.

Doesn't realize that he's always defending because he can't play effective defense and never gets the puck out.

That has more to do with the d-zone system than Greene himself.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Lmfao. All you can do is laugh.

The curse of Carlyle. I don’t know how he keeps winning games being outplayed nearly every night.

Reactions: Cambodian Fouler

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That has more to do with the d-zone system than Greene himself.

Do you actually watch what that dipshit does on the ice? IDK how he still has job in the NHL with how weak his shot is, how bad his passing is, how weak his clears are, and how clueless he is with the puck in the defensive zone, you know, the blind passes right in front of the net with no one else around. Greene caused two goals to happen last night, one of them being an own goal.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The biggest joke is Greene is still the Devils' capo.

Well that is because the biggest joke is the coaching staff still having their jobs. Kowalsky sucks, Hynes sucks, and Nasreddine is the worst out of all of them. Thank god Ty Smith is not around to be damaged by this shit show.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Do you actually watch what that dip**** does on the ice? IDK how he still has job in the NHL with how weak his shot is, how bad his passing is, how weak his clears are, and how clueless he is with the puck in the defensive zone, you know, the blind passes right in front of the net with no one else around. Greene caused two goals to happen last night, one of them being an own goal.

Yes I watch him. Truth be told is that the d-men have no puck support whatsoever because Hynes's dumb system has the forwards never engaging along the boards, never applying pressure on the point men, and the d-men have nowhere to go with the puck once they retrieve it. All of the things you mentioned above about the passing, and clearing attempts can be said for all of our defensemen except for Severson. It's not really their fault. Greene's advanced metrics don't lie, and as far MY eye test goes they match with what I see.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yes I watch him. Truth be told is that the d-men have no puck support whatsoever because Hynes's dumb system has the forwards never engaging along the boards, never applying pressure on the point men, and the d-men have nowhere to go with the puck once they retrieve it. All of the things you mentioned above about the passing, and clearing attempts can be said for all of our defensemen except for Severson. It's not really their fault. Greene's advanced metrics don't lie, and as far MY eye test goes they match with what I see.

Three players could be near Greene and he still sails the puck off into no mans land right in a high danger area because he is a garbage player on the wrong side of thirty that shold've been bought out and sent packing after last season.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think captain traffic cone is still good.

And I agree Hynes' system is terrible. He's a bad coach that should fired off the GW into the Hudson.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Three players could be near Greene and he still sails the puck off into no mans land right in a high danger area because he is a garbage player on the wrong side of thirty that shold've been bought out and sent packing after last season.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think captain traffic cone is good.

Take a step back and relax. You're clearly not thinking straight.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Schneider has no lateral hip movement(is he really still injured?), that you need into todays game. Nor the fundamentals of keeping the glove high. He needs to rediscover himself , somewhere, else. Brodeur needs to go and find a goalie, besides selling tickets.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I figured the Devils were a a marginal fluke last year. I didn’t think it was to a degree they’d be the 3rd favorites for Hughes come early December

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Devils heard we need more offense... decided to show us how good they were at scoring

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I guess you can say...

that's what you get for making a deal with the devils

giphy.gif

Bringing this post to the 2nd page since it deserves it the extra real estate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad