Devils score 3 own goals in the same game.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'm starting to think the Devils hate Schneider.

The first one that went off Noesen wasn't awful. It was off the rush, and you see those kind of own goals all the time. However, the ones that Lovejoy and Greene were responsible for were WTF worthy.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I'm starting to think the Devils hate Schneider.

The first one that went off Noesen wasn't awful. It was off the rush, and you see those kind of own goals all the time. However, the ones that Lovejoy and Greene were responsible for were WTF worthy.

The first one was going in regardless of Noesen thanks to Schneider overplaying the player with the puck.

The others were thanks to two aging defenseman that have no business being in the league anymore.

Lovejoy and Greene, two defenseman with brains that turned into protein stew.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I guess you can say...

that's what you get for making a deal with the devils

giphy.gif

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
The first one was going in regardless of Noesen thanks to Schneider overplaying the player with the puck.

The others were thanks to two aging defenseman that have no business being in the league anymore.

Lovejoy and Greene, two defenseman with brains that turned into protein stew.

Coming into tonight, Greene was 30th in xGF% among 190 d-men who played 200 minutes or more. Lovejoy was 75th. Both have been fine, and the hatred for both of them is undeserved.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When did they sign Dan Girardi?
His name is Andy Greene and he turned into Dan Girardi in the last year or so. He's not THAT bad yet, but he's cruising to get there.

He blocks a lot of shots tho, so his real gud.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
His name is Andy Greene and he turned into Dan Girardi in the last year or so. He's not THAT bad yet, but he's cruising to get there.

He blocks a lot of shots tho, so his real gud.
I remember Greene actually being good once. Am I wrong here?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They don't like Schneider, do they?
I'm not sure Schneider likes them much either. He's a .904% goalie over his last 100 games, including that excellent .950% playoff series last year against Tampa. You know who's been worse with at least least 75 games played? I forgot the short list, but it's something like Cam Ward, Petr Mrazek, Scott Darling. Pretty scary names.

He's cooked, done, washed up. Can't play anymore. The two soft goals in the 1st period are forgotten about because of the 3 own goals. If he stopped goals 1 and 3, the team would have had margin for error for those own goals to not decide the game. He also has a penchant for allowing multiple goals in the opening minutes at this point. There were like 3 games in a row where he allowed a goal on the first shot he faced. Tonight I think it took 2 or 3. I can't remember the last time we got 10 minutes into one of his starts and he hadn't given up at least 2 goals. He allowed 2 goals in the first 30 seconds against Carolina, 3 goals in the first 10 minutes against Tampa, 2 goals in the first 2 and a bit minutes tonight. 2 goals in the first 4 or 5 minutes against Winnipeg. He needs to be waived, then bought out after this year.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember Greene actually being good once. Am I wrong here?
Absolutely not.

He was very good. Just got old and his decline is probably age related. He shouldn't be playing as much as he does either. A lot of our forum are convinced that he's still better (just like the defense is the reason Schneider isn't as good anymore) than a lot of our defensemen like Severson and Butcher, because he can ''Play defense'' and block shots. He can ''Play defense'' because all he does is stay trapped in the D-zone these days. It's pretty much his office. Back when he was still good, he wasn't a prominent shot blocker like this. This is something he developed when he started to not be able to escape the D-zone, be it because he can't skate the puck out of the D-zone anymore or because he can't really do anything with the puck once it's on his stick in the D-zone, other than ice it.

He was a real good player at one time, very underrated too. To be fair, he's probably okay at a #6 guy with sheltered minutes, but Hiney Head loves to play him way more than that. Including we have a ''Lead to protect'' in the 3rd period, so he starts rolling him out there to defend the lead.

Because like I said, all he does is DEFEND, because there's literally no other options for him at 36 years old.

Reactions: Dialamo

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Absolutely not.

He was very good. Just got old and his decline is probably age related. He shouldn't be playing as much as he does either. A lot of our forum are convinced that he's still better (just like the defense is the reason Schneider isn't as good anymore) than a lot of our defensemen like Severson and Butcher, because he can ''Play defense'' and block shots. He can ''Play defense'' because all he does is stay trapped in the D-zone these days. It's pretty much his office. Back when he was still good, he wasn't a prominent shot blocker like this. This is something he developed when he started to not be able to escape the D-zone, be it because he can't skate the puck out of the D-zone anymore or because he can't really do anything with the puck once it's on his stick in the D-zone, other than ice it.

He was a real good player at one time, very underrated too. To be fair, he's probably okay at a #6 guy with sheltered minutes, but Hiney Head loves to play him way more than that. Including we have a ''Lead to protect'' in the 3rd period, so he starts rolling him out there to defend the lead.

Because like I said, all he does is DEFEND, because there's literally no other options for him at 36 years old.
This sounds like a movie I watched, scene for scene.

Granted, I could argue that Girardi's goal differential was always ass, but the rest is similar.

Good luck with that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This sounds like a movie I watched, scene for scene.

Granted, I could argue that Girardi's goal differential was always ass, but the rest is similar.

Good luck with that.
And literally, the coach gives him these assignments because he thinks that he's good still.

Hynes knows that Schneider is bad, I wish he at least knew that Greene needed to be sheltered more.

And due to his way too high minute count, he just gets worse by the game, as the season goes on the last 2 years. I mean, I said last year that he hit his minutes played capability for an 82 game season at that point in his career by about game 65-68?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And literally, the coach gives him these assignments because he thinks that he's good still.

Hynes knows that Schneider is bad, I wish he at least knew that Greene needed to be sheltered more.

And due to his way too high minute count, he just gets worse by the game, as the season goes on the last 2 years. I mean, I said last year that he hit his minutes played capability for an 82 game season at that point in his career by about game 65-68?

One of those deals where the coach sees the guy constantly defending, so trusts him to play defense.

Doesn't realize that he's always defending because he can't play effective defense and never gets the puck out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad