Speculation: Devils Rentals

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Hopefully Greene is willing to waive his NTC. Reasonable to assume he'd return a 3rd or 4th, depending on how much control he has over where he winds up (you'd think he'd want to go to a team with a decent chance of winning it all). He would be a great addition to any team in a bottom pairing/PK/leadership role.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
With how the Greene and Coleman trades have gone , I’m hoping for a third for Simmonds .... not going to happen but a guy can hope .
No idea what Vats can bring now .

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Nice return for Devils players. If I was New Jersey's GM I'd keep pushing players out the door and kick the rebuild up into a completely new gear.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
With how the Greene and Coleman trades have gone , I’m hoping for a third for Simmonds .... not going to happen but a guy can hope .
No idea what Vats can bring now .

Today’s trades don’t impact the eventual returns for Simmonds and Vatanen at all. Greene and Coleman are exceptions to the rule; they are not market indicators.

Simmonds will get a late pick, if anything. I’ll still hold out hope for a 1st for Vatanen, but that’ll require a pretty serious bidding war.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Today’s trades don’t impact the eventual returns for Simmonds and Vatanen at all. Greene and Coleman are exceptions to the rule; they are not market indicators.

Simmonds will get a late pick, if anything. I’ll still hold out hope for a 1st for Vatanen, but that’ll require a pretty serious bidding war.
I still think Simmonds will bring in a 3rd with retention. If Boyle and Greene can bring in a second and Lovejoy can bring in a 3rd and Carrick I beleive Simmonds can bring in a third no problem.
I’m guessing depending on Martinez and how many people are involved I can see Vatanen going for a first. Or a second and a mid level pick.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That ship has sailed I think. Zacha is having the most productive season of his career (okay, not saying much) and is an great penalty killer still.

I like Zacha's game, I don't think he will ever live to his draft position and the expectations with what others drafted behind him are producing if you only look at his offensive number, he is a solid player with a much more well rounded complete game than Puljujarvi could ever hope to have. He really reminds me of a young Kevin Hayes without the occasional offensive wizadry that Hayes sometimes shows, but the strong overall game is still the same.

At this point if we got the same type of play out of Andersson as the Devils get out of Zacha I would jump for joy. Lias is the bust people think Zacha is. Only difference is the 2017 draft will never be under the same microscope as 2015 and it's been well documented since we traded for that pick that we were fully planning on drafting Pettersson and when the Canucks snagged him we panicked and took the "next best thing" so we somehow get a pass here. Which is total BS and hence my tagline of "FIRE GC".

The Rangers are very lucky that they play in NY and that Fox and Panarin forced their way to play here and that Melnyk traded us Zibanejad for monetary reasons (and we got a 2nd in that trade too) because other than Igor those are the best things we have going for us at the moment and what set us apart from being right there with Ottawa and Detroit. Yeah I'm furious about this Lias debacle / end rant.

Last edited:

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Greene can clear waivers. He has no value in 2020

When was the last time someone traded for a 37 year old bottom pair shut down guy who with max retension is making 2.5m dollars? I will wait.

Ben lovejoy was 3 years young and making half what andy greene does. The reason you cant get closer is because IT NEVER HAPPENS

UPS wants to know where to deliver your shipment of crow.

That's a f***ing embarrassing miss. You should turn in your "I'm a Rangers fan but an expert on all things Devils-related" card.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I like Zacha's game, I don't think he will ever live to his draft position and the expectations with what others drafted behind him are producing if you only look at his offensive number, he is a solid player with a much more well rounded complete game than Puljujarvi could ever hope to have. He really reminds me of a young Kevin Hayes without the occasional offensive wizadry that Hayes sometimes shows, but the strong overall game is still the same.

At this point if we got the same type of play out of Andersson as the Devils get out of Zacha I would jump for joy. Lias is the bust people think Zacha is. Only difference is the 2017 draft will never be under the same microscope as 2015 and it's been well documented since we traded for that pick that we were fully planning on drafting Pettersson and when the Canucks snagged him we panicked and took the "next best thing" so we somehow get a pass here. Which is total BS and hence my tagline of "FIRE GC".

The Rangers are very lucky that they play in NY and that Fox and Panarin forced their way to play here and that Melnyk traded us Zibanejad for monetary reasons (and we got a 2nd in that trade too) because other than Igor those are the best things we have going for us at the moment and what set us apart from being right there with Ottawa and Detroit. Yeah I'm furious about this Lias debacle / end rant.

He actually has that too, just displays it much more occasionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad