GDT: Devils @ Red Wings, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Now that we've all determined Cory needs to go, watch him play well the rest of the season.:laugh:

1703EAD1-D45D-45C6-AD07-F6B7E440F822.jpeg

Extend this man.

Reactions: My3Sons and Blender

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do think Cory imploding could long term be for the best.

Goaltending can put lipstick on a pig so to speak by making a bad team look a lot better then it is.

forcing this team to face the reality that the roster simply isn’t ready yet, thus prompting the sell offs that brought in some high end and much needed assets will potentially help us really build a contender.

it also got Hynes the hell out of here.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
i definitely rather see a young goaltender as backup and hopefully that pans out, provided that guy won't have a Louie type season like we saw. If that is the case (some Keith clone), i'd rather roll the dice with Cory for backup.
Age should not be a requirement for the backup goaltender. With a young starter in MBW there is no need to groom a young goalie in the NHL.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i definitely rather see a young goaltender as backup and hopefully that pans out, provided that guy won't have a Louie type season like we saw. If that is the case (some Keith clone), i'd rather roll the dice with Cory for backup.
Nonono... No dice rolling. Pay a bit of our 38m cap space and grab halak for a year or two at 3m. I'm done with wondering when the first period softie is coming.
Yup. The dice roll is such a losing roll at this point, no need to even use the 1 calorie burned in rolling that dice.

Cory needs to go after this year, no matter what.

He's considerably worse at this point than Marty was at 42. If we seriously bring him back after this year, we will have given him more rope than Marty and that's insane.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now that we've all determined Cory needs to go, watch him play well the rest of the season.:laugh:
Good then maybe we can trade him at 50% retained to whatever team Shero winds up GM'ing this offseason :sarcasm:
He probably will play ''Well'' for the rest of the season, as his .852% coming into last game is unsustainable, even for the worst goalie in the NHL. He's due to play some good games or have a good stretch.

But I think just to get his save percentage up to .900% by the end of the season, he'd need to play at a .930% clip and that's assuming he plays 7 or 8 more games.

And I'm sure if that happens, people will be convinced that he's really a .930% goalie and not a .900% goalie and that he only played poorly early on because he got injured on opening night and because of Hynes and without Hynes he played at .930% or whatever.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
That is really silly. It is not the right call to sit a guy after he scores the game winning shoot out goal.
That's your opinion....but I look at results not feelings....as I said I like Bratt, however He is young and like most young guys they need to learn you have to be consistent game in game out and I feel giving him a kick in the butt is needed sometimes to bring an ELEVATED level of play not just good....imo

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
The Hughes contact on Fabbri was fine. He tried an open-ice hit, whiffed, caught his legs and got 2 minutes for tripping. All fair.

But the NHL should look at the preceding sequence. Fabbri threw an obvious elbow to Hughes' head. Guys have been suspended for less.

I never seen one player get as many 'glancing elbows' as that kid gets. (Rarely a full elbow, guys know they will caught. And many miss because he is too quick to connect). But they need to protect him. They should be Hayden on ice with Hughes at least once a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad