Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Mirco Mueller (2 years, $850k AAV)

born2run24

Jul 20, 2017
Nice term, good price.

Even though Mueller is super young, and will still be super young in 2 years, I think we'll all have a good idea at what type of player he is by the end of this contract.

All he needs is consistent playing time to make his mark.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

He was much better than I expected. Although there were a couple of times I thought he wondered around in his own zone.

He was much better defensively than Butcher though. Might become a tough choice for the coaching staff where they have to choose between offense or defense.

All that said I'd wait to see how the preseason plays out. That Capital team had almost no NHLers on it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Have to think he makes it over Butcher because of waivers. Hopefully Moore scores 10 goals in the first 40 games and a cup contender over pays for Moore and both Butcher and Mueller (earn and deserve to) play on the left side behind Greene.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think Blandisi tipped in Muellers shot but anyhow I thought he played a solid game tonight.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think Blandisi tipped in Muellers shot but anyhow I thought he played a solid game tonight.

It changed direction somewhere. But the good news is it was so fast that even in the replays I couldn't tell what it hit. Kid has heat on the shot.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It changed direction somewhere. But the good news is it was so fast that even in the replays I couldn't tell what it hit. Kid has heat on the shot.

I had a good angle from my seats and it was a great tip by Blender. He celebrated immediately and skated to the bench first to bump fists. Surprised they didn't change it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
:laugh: This is going to be a thing isn't it? Guess it already is, actually.

Thought he looked impressive last night. Hope that progression continues!

I mean, there are some others on this board who turned the Mueller trade into Mueller vs. Merrill, so I figured it was relevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad