Confirmed with Link: Devils Re-Sign Butcher (3 years, $3.73M AAV)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Don't want two d-men on the PP especially PP1.

Simmonds
Gusev/Palmieri-Hischier-Hall
Subban

Zajac/Wood
Gusev/Palmieri-(Zacha/Zajac)-Hughes
Butcher

There will be 2 dman on PP2. Almost guaranteed, coaches don't want a forward to play D at the expiring of a penalty.

My PP units:
--------Simmonds-------
Hall--------------Hughes
Palmieri---------Subban

--------Simmonds or Wood-------
Gusev--------------Hischier
Butcher---------Severson or Smith

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There will be 2 dman on PP2. Almost guaranteed, coaches don't want a forward to play D at the expiring of a penalty.

My PP units:
--------Simmonds-------
Hall--------------Hughes
Palmieri---------Subban

--------Simmonds or Wood-------
Gusev--------------Hischier
Butcher---------Severson or Smith

You can't leave the best passer on the team off of both units.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
You can't leave the best passer on the team off of both units.
Who do you think the best passer is?

Bratt?

Because Hughes will soon prove he is the best passer.

If Bratt plays power play it would be replacing Hischier role on 2nd unit on half wall.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The funny part was ... when it wasn’t huge money?

What I am saying is I'm not sure why it was funny that he was being linked to "big money"

The reason he was linked to that was people like Mike Morreale thought he could get a 5-6 year contract in which case yes, he would have gotten a lot more on his AAV.

Merrills Marauders

Jul 20, 2011
New Jersey
What I am saying is I'm not sure why it was funny that he was being linked to "big money"

The reason he was linked to that was people like Mike Morreale thought he could get a 5-6 year contract in which case yes, he would have gotten a lot more on his AAV.
What I’m saying is you misinterpreted - I found it humorous how far off Morreale and subsequent posters here were.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Severson is easily the best Dman passer on the team. Over the last two years no other is even close in even strength first assist. In fact only Hischier and Hall have more ES 1st assist over the last two years. Top 5: Hall 26, Hischier 25, Severson 20, Bratt 19, Blake Coleman 16...Vatanen is the next closest D with 13 and Greene and Butcher are tied with 10

Severson's numbers are almost identical to Subban 5v5 over the last two years ---

Subban 5v5 Goals - Total Assist - First Assist - Second Assist - Total points
2527:37152720742
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Severson
2709:06172820845
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Who do you think the best passer is?

Bratt?

Because Hughes will soon prove he is the best passer.

If Bratt plays power play it would be replacing Hischier role on 2nd unit on half wall.

We'll see about that. I loves Hughes and think he will be a great passer and playmaker, but I think Bratt is already one of the best passers in the league.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Different roles.

Is Wood even effective as the net front presence? Although after Simmonds I'm not sure who else would play that role. Zacha is big, but not really a guy I would consider playing that role on the PP. Coleman maybe?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Is Wood even effective as the net front presence? Although after Simmonds I'm not sure who else would play that role. Zacha is big, but not really a guy I would consider playing that role on the PP. Coleman maybe?

And on the third hand, if your net front present guy is generally much worse offensively on the PP than some other guys then maybe you need to make adjustments to your PP roles to eliminate the role.

For example, rather than a 1-3-1 with a guy in front of the net, have a PP that uses the net and have a guy below the goal line creating odd passing angles for the PK to defend against. That’s not a normal PP structure but it exists and may play into your players strengths better.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm not really sure. I don't think that size is an absolute requirement for that role though. I think it takes more hand-eye coordination. Zach was able to tip anything and everything that came his way. Gio was great at that too. Having the size to not be pushed out is just a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad