Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Blake Coleman (3 years, $1.8 AAV)

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Good deal for all involved we get back a solid player probably one of our best penalty kill guys.. with speed and through the prime of his career.. both sides win this one nice job by shero...

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
What's crazy with Blake also is that he could have feasibly ended up with even better offensive numbers last season. There was a long stretch where it seemed like he was doing everything but finishing for the first couple months of the season.

I do think that the player we saw in the later months of last season is the player he'll consistently be.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
One of my favorite players and should be a 30+ point shutdown guy/PK monster. Generates a ton of shots/60 and should have some more offensive luck next season.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He was worth signing if for nothing more than the better-than-Crosby one handed backhand goal he scored against the Pens.

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was worth signing if for nothing more than the better-than-Crosby one handed backhand goal he scored against the Pens.
Didn't he say ''I f***in own you'' to him also? Maybe it was someone else on the Pens that he said that to, but he definitely said that in one of those last couple games against them of the season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Didn't he say ''I ****in own you'' to him also? Maybe it was someone else on the Pens that he said that to, but he definitely said that in one of those last couple games against them of the season.

I think it was to Hornqvist or Kessel. Kessel was at least the recipient of this. :laugh:

Coleman is such a gem.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Went back in time and took a glance at this thread from a few years ago: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ping-with-gusto.2034477/page-3#post-114298047

Some nice gems that aged well in there:

It's just goalpost shifting. Already his first list of 'examples' were ridiculous and wrong so now he's using 'rookie' as if that means anything.

Look, Coleman might turn into a good player, but he probably won't. He's barely a prospect at this point, not with his 25th birthday coming up this year.

What is this argument about?

Clearly a players odds of becoming an NHL player decrease the older they get without making it to the NHL.

There are obviously specific cases that are exceptions. But Coleman is more than likely not a future NHL player.

But there's a small chance he could be. And it's no slight on him if he's not. He's already performed well given his draft position - good collegiate player who looks to be an AHL contributor.

Coleman making the big team would be great, but don't count on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad