Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Blake Coleman (3 years, $1.8 AAV)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Really happy for him, he became a heart and soul guy for this team last year.

Also, more pickle gifs for everyone!

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I know it's not a big signing, but it's interesting to see a journalist/reporter break it. You never see that with the Devils.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Love this deal, hoping we can get Noesen locked up for similar term & money. Both play with the kind of intensity and grit a contending team needs in the bottom six, they might not be the most skilled guys in the world but they play the game the right way.

Plus on an $80m cap $1.8m is nothing for such a good fourth liner, it’s about the same cap % as $1.35m was when the cap was ~$60m a few years ago.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pretty fair deal for both sides I think.

Just wished they signed Gibbons. The Ducks are getting him for a steal at $1M.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I mean, what did you think he was going to get?

I appreciate Gibbons' first half of the year for us, but after he came back from injury he was completely nonexistent.

from January on, he had 5 points in 23 games.

Reactions: HBK27

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I mean, what did you think he was going to get?

I appreciate Gibbons' first half of the year for us, but after he came back from injury he was completely nonexistent.

from January on, he had 5 points in 23 games.
I wouldn't call him non existent. He didn't even look like an NHL player anymore, was horrible. if he went unnoticeable in the 2nd half he would be on the team again this year IMHO. He was just that bad.

Reactions: HBK27

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Good deal. Feel like he will get a hair better or at the very least maintain his play from last year. And we are buying 2 UFA years.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

Didn't do much after a nice start (and injury) but he's also turning 31 next year and has had little success in the league prior to that. Heck he'd only played 66 games before last season.

We should have some younger guys ready to step in. Don't think Gibbons will be missed much.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Gibbons likely would have been the 13th forward or the RW4. The backup plan to Maroon seems to be leaving those spots for young players to grab. A team can always fill a fourth line role during the season if need be. If the team didn't see Gibbons as returning to first half form he is an eminently replaceable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad