Post-Game Talk: devils @ Rangers -- 4/15/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
The Devils are terrible. Our rebuilds are laughably opposite to one another.
This is the bit that I can't understand with Devils fans. They are convinced that they are not only 2 or so years away from the POs but also contending in a few years. Even if Hughes and Hischier put up McD and Drai numbers, they wouldn't be contenders. I'm all for supporting your team, but come the f*** on and deal with reality at least an hour a day...

Reactions: Ail

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
It really sucks were basically wasting last year and this one on him
Panarin loves the game and plays hard every shift and in all three zones and keeps the Rangers on the right side of winning. That is going to be invaluable to guys like Kakko, Laf, Kravstov, Chytil, Shestyorkin, Miller, Fox, Lindgren and the rookies coming in the next few years. This is creating the right culture during the rebuild. Compare that to the cesspit of the Devils - does Hughes look like he's enjoying being in NJ?

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Smith-Hajek needs to change. Is Jones ready to go in?
Kreider needs to switch with Krav for the rest of the games.
I'd like to see the kid line with Fox and Lindgren to spark them more.

But I'm pleased as f***ing punch overall. This is a shit season, with shit scheduling but the franchise is right where I hoped they would be, if not ahead.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
No, it's not "a place like this" it's just you.

It's always just you.

I'm not the one who posts charts after every game who then points out that no conclusions can be drawn from them. You're the only poster here that I know of who often doesn't watch the game but then tells people that it wasn't a good game if they think it was.

It annoys you when I post things that poke fun at the stupidity of the charts that can have factoids like Howden had a better game than Panarin.

If I annoy you that much, you're probably best off putting me on ignore or you can keep insulting me. Either way is fine with me.

There's only one poster here who annoys me so much that I've had him on ignore for about a year. Much better not seeing his terminal negativity. You should try it.

Reactions: kovazub94

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That poster literally lives to be a contrarian. Im not even sure he'd agree the sky is blue

I can be a contrarian, especially when someone's sole agenda is to point out that Quinn sucks every day, to the point where you'd rather the Rangers lose to further that agenda. The game before this one, the Rangers won, and your post was three negative comments about Quinn.

You're allowed and I'm allowed to reply.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
In 2 of those games they were +5 and +4, which is not unreasonable as there are many games where a team wins by 4 or 5. Why would you exclude those games? They just won by 4 tonight, should we also exclude tonight from their goal differential?

They exclude big victories because they think it helps the narrative they promote, even though it doesn't. They're locked in on a target. No matter what happens, that won't change.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Avs fan coming in peace.

The Rangers have always been one of my favourite Eastern Conference teams. Their uniforms are great (not the ones they wore tonight, the normal ones) and the goal horn is pretty sweet.

Boy, what a young talented team you guys have. I think the Rangers are going to be an elite team for a long time with the talent on the roster and in the system.

I’ve been watching some of the games recently and man, when this team is on they’re pretty damn good.

Hope to see you guys push into the playoffs and make some noise.
Ha, that's actually kind of funny because that's exactly how I feel about your team! My cousin is an avid AVS fan, and your team is pretty damn amazing itself. It's pretty easy rooting for your team, they play some exciting hockey and if my team can't win it all, I have no problem rooting for yours! I've been around way too long and have too much hate for a very many teams. Your team doesn't fit that bill! Good luck to you as well.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Watching the highlights again...I think if Hughes backchecks Panarin instead of going across the ice to Strome he easily catches up to him or at least greatly disrupts any play that may be forced to Panarin.
Yeah kind of like what valley always says. It's not the player with the puck that's dangerous, it's the player without the puck. And if his name happens to be Panarin, well you know.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I mean they just extended him less than a year ago.

This was in direct reference to the likes of Hayes, Vesey and Skjei.

Do you know that or is it guesswork?

Edit: BTW, despite what a particularly stupid poster wrote, it's a sincere question. I didn't see what Vally said.

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Laf, Kakko, Chytil, and Goat are gonna take Kravy in an Enterprise-rented Honda Accord and find Lindy Ruff's address, go there and Kravy's gonna take a bag of doggy poo and light it afire on his front lawn, wait for Ruff to storm out in his bathrobe and fuzzy slippers cursing and waving a newspaper, then speed off giggling the whole time.
This scenario is way unrealistic.

Which one of them is paying the under-25 rental fee?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I can be a contrarian, especially when someone's sole agenda is to point out that Quinn sucks every day, to the point where you'd rather the Rangers lose to further that agenda. The game before this one, the Rangers won, and your post was three negative comments about Quinn.

You're allowed and I'm allowed to reply.
Who wants the Rangers to lose? Give me ONE poster. Ahh... he posted something that was negative of Quinn.. Oh, wow.. THREE... you're counting? So, that affected you personally. I get it.

Your mental gymnastics ARE EXHAUSTING. You spin and contort EVERYTHING into some distorted narrative. People enjoy watching the Rangers. You sound like a miserable and bitter old man. It's not healthy

I prefer Raisin Bran.
you're pissing in someone elses cereal, no one cares what you prefer

Do you know that or is it guesswork?
Oh, you know what Vally was saying and meant? please tell us. Are you part of the propaganda arm at MSG?

You're acting like a parasite. You latch onto others and don't provide anything of your own.

Even Quinn would have scratched you already

Last edited:
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
problem is we have 1 too many top9 wingers. If Gauthier is given ice time over Howden, the 4th line could be fun to watch.

Panarin Strome Blackwell - no way this gets changed after this game
Kravtsov Zibanejad Buch - Kid really deserves a bump
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko - I'd like to split or blend this with another line. Blackwell/Kakko swap would make sense, maybe after that line struggles
Kreider Rooney Gauthier - Gauthier needs to get in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->