Post-Game Talk: devils @ Rangers -- 4/15/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Where's the guy who was worried that Igor didn't get shutouts. No mental strength or some crap.

I have a feeling that very soon he's going to get one against an NHL team.

(Just going to repost my snarky comment from the last PGT for superstitious reasons. I'll keep going as long as the SO streak keeps going.)

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
quite a few times tonight, they were on the ice while Smith and Hajek took turns flubbing passes and giving the puck away behind our net.

They haven't been great, but thats hardly their fault

Smith and Hajek seem to be pinned in the defensive zone more often than not. The issue is compounded when they are on the ice with the kid line, which is a lot. We could really use a puck mover on that pairing.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
problem is we have 1 too many top9 wingers. If Gauthier is given ice time over Howden, the 4th line could be fun to watch.

Panarin Strome Blackwell - no way this gets changed after this game
Kravtsov Zibanejad Buch - Kid really deserves a bump
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko - I'd like to split or blend this with another line. Blackwell/Kakko swap would make sense, maybe after that line struggles
Kreider Rooney Gauthier - Gauthier needs to get in
Gauthier does not have to be forced in at the expense of any of our wingers right now.....he had some opportunities earlier on and should have hit more and skated even harder to make himself noticed and to continue to get playing time.....and he did not do that ! We can't sit Kreider despite the downturn in his play . I get mad at him...but he still can be a game breaker/changer....which usually trumps what Gauthier brings . Kravs & KK...can't sit them ...unless KK needs a break for a game . Remember..he is a diabetic and a Celiac ? ...sometimes he might be run down ! Can't sit Buch-Blackwell-Lafeniere either for the reasons we all know . We have the least invested in Gauthier at the moment ....so he just has to sit and wait his chance . It's just that simple....

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Who wants the Rangers to lose? Give me ONE poster. Ahh... he posted something that was negative of Quinn.. Oh, wow.. THREE... you're counting? So, that affected you personally. I get it.

Your mental gymnastics ARE EXHAUSTING. You spin and contort EVERYTHING into some distorted narrative. Peple enjoy watching the Rangers. You sound like a miserable and bitter old man. It's not healthy

you're pissing in someone elses cereal, no one cares what you prefer

Oh, you know what Vally was saying and meant? please tell us. Are you part of the propaganda arm at MSG?

You're acting like a parasite. You latch onto others and don't provide anything of your own.

Even Quinn would have scratched you already

When every comment one makes is the coach sucks, even after a win, the person is just pushing an agenda because they've settled on a thought and can't move off of it. That means either they're not particularly bright, an asshole, or both.

in fact, they prefer it to actually winning, because winning hurts that agenda.

I don't mind annoying assholes like yourself who always believe they know more than the coach and the GM and who feel they must tell that to everyone over and over again.

If I've annoyed you this much it's a good thing because I think you're an absolute idiot who lives in a little world where you fantasize that you know all the easy answers to create a Stanley Cup winner.

As I have said many times, I don't love or hate Quinn, but I'm smart enough to understand that he and management are a whole lot more qualified to make personnel decisions than some powerless moron on the Internet.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
"High performers don't like mediocre people, and mediocre people don't like high performers.

What happens is, some of the people that aren't here anymore, not naming any names, are not here because they didn't fit in with what the Rangers were building, culture wise... and now with the few people not here and the locker room sorting itself out, the leaders emerge.

They get to get up and have a bigger voice, they're more comfortable speaking because no one is going to undermine their message...."

-Vally on the postgame

Let the speculation begin? ADA? Staal? Good ol' JJ? Skjei? Lemmy?
This has to be about Staal and Hank. It being Ada and Lemmy just doesn’t make sense when you think about it..at least in my opinion.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Panarin - Strome - Blackwell should remain a thing. Nothing against Kakko, but Blackwell just compliments that line better. I read people want Kakko up in the Top 6, I guess I get it, I would not swap him for Blackwell. Maybe swap him and Kreider. CK needs to find himself back when Panarin was on leave. He stepped up big time then. It looks like he will need to score another hat trick this season to get fans off his case, oh well.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Panarin - Strome - Blackwell should remain a thing. Nothing against Kakko, but Blackwell just compliments that line better. I read people want Kakko up in the Top 6, I guess I get it, I would not swap him for Blackwell. Maybe swap him and Kreider. CK needs to find himself back when Panarin was on leave. He stepped up big time then. It looks like he will need to score another hat trick this season to get fans off his case, oh well.

We all always knew how streaky Krieder has historically been and accepted that for the most part.

But now, he is holding a spot that 3 young guns can and should be doing, and especially in Kravtsov case because he belongs higher than the 4th line.

We are complaining about an embarassment of riches to be honest.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We all always knew how streaky Krieder has historically been and accepted that for the most part.

But now, he is holding a spot that 3 young guns can and should be doing, and especially in Kravtsov case because he belongs higher than the 4th line.

That will still get richer.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This has to be about Staal and Hank. It being Ada and Lemmy just doesn’t make sense when you think about it..at least in my opinion.

It doesn't really make sense that it would be about Hank or Staal either.

Those guys didn't get moved/bought out because of their impact on the room. One of them was kept around as long as he was because it was literally the only positive thing he brought to the table.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It's a good problem to have especially since the offense has been taking off as of late. Right now Blackwell is playing very um "well" lol. So you cannot demote him. Rangers have a log jam on the wings, and players are going to be pushed down to the 4th line, even if they have played well. Others are just playing better. I'm sorry but don't think Kakko has played consistent enough to take Blackwell's spot who has been the more productive player. Kreider's spot without a doubt. He's been struggling.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Great game.

The line changes made me lol. In typical fashion, I was glad to see rearrangement and could make sense of none of the combinations.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
It's a good problem to have especially since the offense has been taking off as of late. Right now Blackwell is playing very um "well" lol. So you cannot demote him. Rangers have a log jam on the wings, and players are going to be pushed down to the 4th line, even if they have played well. Others are just playing better. I'm sorry but don't think Kakko has played consistent enough to take Blackwell's spot who has been the more productive player. Kreider's spot without a doubt. He's been struggling.

The argument is really about resigning Krieder. We didn't know we would land LaF, Buch would wind up better, or that Kravtsov would be this good, and it's now a pricetag argument.

The Kakko argument is more about how Quinn has completely yoyo'd him the last 1.5 seasons more than the Blackwell argument itself.

Keep Kakko on one line so he can gel.

If it's with Chytil and LaF, so be it.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
probably been mentioned but Panarin have done at least 2 unbelievable plays (both came towards the end of the 2nd I think) that should've turned into goals - to Strome and to Kreider.

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Devils fans must be wondering what happened considering all the optimism going into last season, looked like jr.a vs nhl last night, and the Rangers held up a little bit on them.

Reactions: leetch99

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Great game.

The line changes made me lol. In typical fashion, I was glad to see rearrangement and could make sense of none of the combinations.
It was a big lead and a chance to try some combos out, in this instance i don't mind it at all.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Gumper shutting the Flyers out back to back in 1955 is something. They weren't even in the league in 1955.

it was actually against the Bruins

Rangers shut out the bruins nov 23, 1955 at MSG 4-0
then the next night travelled to Boston Garden and shut out the Bruins again 5-0

looked it up in the Rangers Media Guide. pretty amazing

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Im not a fan of the contract but at this point the money shouldn't make an impact on where he plays in the lineup, if he's playing like the 8th best winger than play him there. I never got the idea that because you are paying someone x amount they should be higher in the lineup, sure its embarrassing to the GM but it shouldn't matter if you are trying to put the best team on the ice. Right now Kravtsov is a possible top 6 winger on this team in a small sample size, and at the least he should be in the top 9.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Devils fans must be wondering what happened considering all the optimism going into last season, looked like jr.a vs nhl last night, and the Rangers held up a little bit on them.
Agree...we could have easily enough routed them...they laid off for sure . I think that was the right thing to do...no since ticking them off and embarrassing them when we have couple of more games . Panarin passed on a lot of chances .

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I've noticed some things about the kid line that I like but also don't.

1. They play a heavy game. they throw hits, swarm defenders with the puck, throw crosschecks and extra shoves, all that fun stuff but they don't seem to come away with the puck often.

2. Chytil and Lafreniere have absolutely zero chemistry. They don't seem to work together at all and often I see them gravitate to the same parts of the ice (many instances I've seen them both check the same guy unnecessarily where neither of them come away with the puck). I also think it's apparent when Chytil glides towards the left wing on his entries, to the point where I ask out loud why didn't Laf carry it in?

3. Kakko looks like f***ing Forsberg with the amount of hooks and interferences that happen on him when he tries to make a play. I know he's not a great skater but jesus christ.

4. I think either Laf or Chytil need to be moved to a different line. that Chytil-Kakko-PDG line somehow worked absolute wonders and I'd rather try to recreate that (with someone better than PdG) and give Laf some more skilled linemates.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I would be highly surprised if someone in the Rangers/MSG organization was talking like that about Staal and Lundqvist. I think it's far more likely it was ADA and Lemieux, or at least ADA, which would make sense in why they were already at the point of telling him "no more bullshit or you're gone"
I'm projecting a whole lot here as well but ADA also seems like the kind of guy who can't shut the f*** up and when someone is trying to take the reigns and be a leader in the room he'd be talking over them and either butting heads or doing stupid shit
Lemieux was just his sidekick

I mean, they traded some stabilizing vets and are running a roster with probably borderline NHL players in it and are clearly not trying to compete the rest of the season (not saying they won't play hard just obviously they're going for development, looking at players, rather than trying to ice the most competitive roster...which makes sense because they were sellers)

So, I think Devils fans realize their team sold some at the deadline and is looking at young players and that they basically ARE running a bit of a JV team for the rest of the season

Reactions: Holocene

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
3. Kakko looks like f***ing Forsberg with the amount of hooks and interferences that happen on him when he tries to make a play. I know he's not a great skater but jesus christ.

Kakko is honestly looking like a far better skater than I thought he'd be even at the start of the season. His stride looks to have more burst and strength to it.
Also feels like he's just getting unlucky with goals and points at this point, hopefully that comes

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I've noticed some things about the kid line that I like but also don't.

4. I think either Laf or Chytil need to be moved to a different line. that Chytil-Kakko-PDG line somehow worked absolute wonders and I'd rather try to recreate that (with someone better than PdG) and give Laf some more skilled linemates.

PDG is completely out of lineup and Kravtsov is starting on the forth line. How do you see it's possible to rearrange the lineup to bring in PDG - on Chytil's line - and move Lafreniere away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->