Prospect Info: Devils Prospects Playing Abroad

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we could share video clips and information about the Devils prospects currently playing overseas. I'll start.

Jesper Boqvist is currently on loan to Timra of Allsvenskan. He's currently totaled a goal and 4 assists in 5 games. Though this is respectable, you'd like to see him dominate a bit. Allsvenskan is a lesser Swedish league, and it's pretty soft in my opinion. I'd put it on the level with the ECHL, though the lack of physicality makes it easier to play in. Of course, it's just 5 games, so I'm not concerned.

Here's Jesper's first goal of the year:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we could share video clips and information about the Devils prospects currently playing overseas. I'll start.

Jesper Boqvist is currently on loan to Timra of Allsvenskan. He's currently totaled a goal and 4 assists in 5 games. Though this is respectable, you'd like to see him dominate a bit. Allsvenskan is a lesser Swedish league, and it's pretty soft in my opinion. I'd put it on the level with the ECHL, though the lack of physicality makes it easier to play in. Of course, it's just 5 games, so I'm not concerned.

Here's Jesper's first goal of the year:

dont know if thats a good thing. I got offered a tryout by a team in that league years ago out of men’s league hockey. Lol.

Reactions: tailfins and xigon

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ok, that's cool. We can lock this thread and continue there.

No no no, you are misinterpreting the thread. Think Sean Connery on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy and go back and reread the thread title. It will make more sense then and not overlap with the main prospects thread.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Allsvenskan is a lesser Swedish league, and it's pretty soft in my opinion.

Physically soft, but it's a good second tier league (one of the best in europe, along with VHL). Every year only about 15 guys go ppg, so ppg pace is not bad at all for a young guy. It's really what you expect from Boqvist, if you believe he'll be a top3-top6 guy in the NHL in the next few years, he probably should be putting closer to 1.5ppg. But it's really guys like Jonathan Dahlen who make it seem like a lesser league. That guy is just possessed, no one is doing what he is doing. I think the Sharks have a really good prospect in him. Allsvenskan has some good teams and players, remember that two of their teams were just recently SHL teams (before the last relegations). The problem is the skill/compete level is very uneven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad