Post-Game Talk: Devils lose to Refs 5-2 (Fire these clowns)

*Your* stars of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not a lot from which to choose so I went with PK (obvious) and then Wood and Johnsson - mostly because of all the Devils forwards they were the most engaged physically.

Jack Hughes could be considered too. Except that line got roasted out of the gate.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Being a seller every damn year, listening to Dano on the broadcast doing his Baghdad Bob impression, being a laughing stock of fans on hf/Reddit. It’s f***ing grinding man.

Think this team - despite last night's debacle - is in a far better place than it has been in recent years. And continuing to weed out those with whom losing is ingrained should continue the process.

That being said, your Baghdad Bob analysis is spot on.

The amount of time Ken and Steve spend making excuses and trying to put lipstick on a pig is embarrassing.

For a team that once had Mike Emrick and Gary Thorne calling the games this is depressing.

Mike Breen and Clyde make the Knicks (almost) enjoyable and don't have to be shills to do so.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I mean if you want to pretend like the past two games have been caller even remotely fair be my guest but your out to lunch if you think that's the case. Calls even out generally throught the year, but this season has been incredibly lopsided. Jack gets hauled down almost every single game and even if Johnsson isn't great the guy gets mugged almost every game in front of the goalie. Officiating across the league is awful and there's always a bias towards the teams with star players. The other game against the caps with the clear as day back to back missed double minors.

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017
I don't think anyone will argue that there is real talent on the roster. The issue continues to be what is the Devils identity going forward? That has not been answered. And going forward how does it materialize, organically from the roster, from management, or via a trade?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I mean if you want to pretend like the past two games have been caller even remotely fair be my guest but your out to lunch if you think that's the case. Calls even out generally throught the year, but this season has been incredibly lopsided. Jack gets hauled down almost every single game and even if Johnsson isn't great the guy gets mugged almost every game in front of the goalie. Officiating across the league is awful and there's always a bias towards the teams with star players. The other game against the caps with the clear as day back to back missed double minors.

the officiating in the nhl is probably the worst/most inconsistent of the 4 major sports. every team gets f***ed by the refs, not just us. the penguins whining stopped being relevant 5 or 6 years ago.

crying about it makes you look like a burlap sack of fishy slobberpockets. we lost because the pens are a good team, and we're in the process of dismantling ours for draft picks.

Reactions: MauDevils

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
again just not sure what exactly you expected this season given

A) their best player basically hasn't played
B) the entire team got Covid
C) because of B, the already condensed schedule got even more condensed
D) they play in the toughest division in the league

we're all frustrated but again, I didn't expect to be a playoff team this year....especially in this division. They are in basically every game aside from a few here or there. It is a team made up of children and they have to learn what it takes to win.

yeah yeah that’s fine. It was 4:30 am, would you stay up that late to watch this dross?

Hard not to get pissed off....

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
As a follower of Slovak prosects, I just finished watching Studenic's shifts. Seemed to be in good lanes to break up plays defensively, and worked hard in the corners. With the puck, he kept things simple and made smart decisions. There was a couple of times where he was chased in the corners, but was able to get the puck back up to the blueline. And on another occasion, I thought he'd take a bad shot that 90% would've been blocked and caused a turn over, but instead he found a lane for a deflection in the slot which resulted in a scoring chance. Other than that, he didn't generate any offense and had no shots on goal. The second period was his best. Didn't play much in the third.

Just my two cents.

What do you think? Does Studenic have a good chance of playing some more NHL games this season?

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
the officiating in the nhl is probably the worst/most inconsistent of the 4 major sports. every team gets f***ed by the refs, not just us. the penguins whining stopped being relevant 5 or 6 years ago.

crying about it makes you look like a burlap sack of fishy slobberpockets. we lost because the pens are a good team, and we're in the process of dismantling ours for draft picks.
Eh if you think that a 2 goal swing on an extremely obvious call to anyone that actually understands the rules, would realize that officiating was the main reason why that game wasn't "close." but I'll take being a burlap sack as opposed to un informed.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Eh if you think that a 2 goal swing on an extremely obvious call to anyone that actually understands the rules, would realize that officiating was the main reason why that game wasn't "close." but I'll take being a burlap sack as opposed to un informed.

yeah the refs are the main reason we lost lol. not blackwood putting up a .826 save percentage. clearly i'm the uninformed one

Reactions: Spoiled Bratt

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
yeah the refs are the main reason we lost lol. not blackwood putting up a .826 save percentage. clearly i'm the uninformed one
Well his save percentage jumps up when you take back a goal that wasn't a goal, take back a powerplay that shouldn't happen and a goal off a make believe icing. But whatever agree to disagree, you clearly don't care about context at all.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Googled "slobberpocket," still not sure what it means, but like that way it sounds so I'm stealing it.

Reactions: MartyOwns

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I get the emotional response to losing, but the quicker you accept the situation and the state of the team the better it’s for your mental health.

Winning is great and losing sucks, but realistically the Devils are probably gonna lose a whole lot next year too, possibly even the next few. Winning or losing isn’t everything though, and if you love the sport there’s plenty of reasons to watch, be entertained, excited and intrigued even in losses. Focus on the good things and the progress and development of your players/prospects. The truth just is that rebuilding teams lose, more or less every team has had to be bad until they become good. Every great team right now has had their down years. The Lightning were terrible in the 90s, then won in 2004, then were terrible again and now are great again.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I get the emotional response to losing, but the quicker you accept the situation and the state of the team the better it’s for your mental health.

Winning is great and losing sucks, but realistically the Devils are probably gonna lose a whole lot next year too, possibly even the next few. Winning or losing isn’t everything though, and if you love the sport there’s plenty of reasons to watch, be entertained, excited and intrigued even in losses. Focus on the good things and the progress and development of your players/prospects. The truth just is that rebuilding teams lose, more or less every team has had to be bad until they become good. Every great team right now has had their down years. The Lightning were terrible in the 90s, then won in 2004, then were terrible again and now are great again.
I have stated many times it has nothing to do with winning and losing, it has to do with what gets taken from the players.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Well his save percentage jumps up when you take back a goal that wasn't a goal, take back a powerplay that shouldn't happen and a goal off a make believe icing. But whatever agree to disagree, you clearly don't care about context at all.

We scored a goal where Subban steamrolled their goaltender. If you think we lost this game because of the refs, more power to you.

At the end of the year, those dumb calls even out. Do you remember our games against Boston last week? We dodge multiple penalties but since we won a game, that’s not brought up.

Can’t have it both ways.

Reactions: MartyOwns

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
We scored a goal where Subban steamrolled their goaltender. If you think we lost this game because of the refs, more power to you.

At the end of the year, those dumb calls even out. Do you remember our games against Boston last week? We dodge multiple penalties but since we won a game, that’s not brought up.

Can’t have it both ways.
He didn't steam roll the goalie at all, he got pushed into the goalie and the puck was going in before contact was made. There's a huge difference.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Icing was questionable, but we still lost the faceoff clean and didn't make a save.

Ty initiated contact with Crosby, it was a 50/50 challenge. The contact didn't impede Blackwood one bit.

The PK failed embarrassingly after the challenge.

Refs weren't perfect, but they weren't throwing the puck in our net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad