Post-Game Talk: Devils Lose Again, Cory's Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only goal he gave up tonight I'd consider soft was the Montour goal, and even that wasn't nearly as egregious as some of the others he's given up during this run of futility. He stopped enough of the shots he should have to win it in regulation. Unfortunately he got absolutely no luck. I think that's all gone to Kinkaid and his posts.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Again...no one considers the effect that Cory’s bottom of the barrel horrendous play has on how the tram plays in front of him. Guys are in panic mode on D because 15% of the shots thrown towards Cory are going in.

We already have a weak, structureless D. Putting Cory in the net is like trying to rescue someone from a fire by throwing them gasoline.

Reactions: Bleedred

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They play the same type of shitty defense in front of both goalies. Kinkaid has just been better/luckier covering for it, and even with a gazillion posts his numbers have dropped lately.

Reactions: I Hate Tie DOMI

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Psychologically frail people who wish to blame everything on 1 person, thereby "tricking" themselves into believe their beloved team isnt terrible, it's just this 1 person screwing everything up.

If Freud were a hockey fan, he'd have come up with a term for it.
Best post in the thread.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think I might have posted this last night. Cory was not the blame for last night's loss. Three goals scored in the wrong net was the bad guy.

I am really glad that Schneider didn't take the blame on himself.

Go Devils. On to San Jose

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They play the same type of ****ty defense in front of both goalies. Kinkaid has just been better/luckier covering for it, and even with a gazillion posts his numbers have dropped lately.
At the end of the day, Kinkaid is just a backup. And with how many games he’s played, I don’t expect him to play any better than this if he’s in there for 60 games at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Beaurivage

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Can someone check on Cory for me please?

fab.gif

giphy.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They play the same type of ****ty defense in front of both goalies. Kinkaid has just been better/luckier covering for it, and even with a gazillion posts his numbers have dropped lately.

Honestly I don’t think Greene would have pulled what he did last night with anyone else in net, or they get three own goals in total - they’re pressing to the nth degree trying to get a win in a Cory start.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly I don’t think Greene would have pulled what he did last night with anyone else in net, or they get three own goals in total - they’re pressing to the nth degree trying to get a win in a Cory start.
I don’t understand why he did that. And batting it in that direction, no less. Couldn’t he have batted it the other way? They still could have easily scored if he did that, but what he did instead just makes him look really stupid and brain dead.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

so it’s cory’s fault that greene batted the puck into his own net?

Reactions: Triumph

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
everyone knows the situation with cory at this point, it's beyond at a dead horse being beaten. the corpse is completely decomposed.

that said, he was NOT the story last night. the last place team outplayed the competition but lost because they scored three goals in their own net. that's the ONLY story worth harping on. schneider played good enough to win and the team sabotaged him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
so it’s cory’s fault that greene batted the puck into his own net?

If last night wasn’t an example of pressing I don’t know what is. Yes this is a low IQ team but three own goals? And these were all legit own goals, not unlucky deflections. That’s Twilight Zone ****

They all know about the 0-for-2018 and they know one mistake is usually fatal with Cory, so yes I think they’re pressing with him in net and make even more mistakes as a result.

Last edited:

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Can we buy miles wood out? He’s not an nhl player right now and his lack of coordination is embarrassing. Every time he touches the puck:

Head down, handles like a bar of soap, makes pointless deke to try to prove he has hands, stops, whiffs on pass or shot.

This literally happens every time the puck is on his stick.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If last night wasn’t an example of pressing I don’t know what is. Yes this is a low IQ team but three own goals? And these were all legit own goals, not unlucky deflections. That’s Twilight Zone ****

Noesen's own goal is the kind of thing you will see a few times a season, Lovejoy's was much more rare but there are goals where the puck goes off a player who is deliberately trying to block the shot (and has time to react to the shot), and Greene's is once a decade bizareness. Lovejoy could try to catch that puck 100 times and he wouldn't put it in the net again - he not only had to fail to catch it, he had to put it over Schneider's shoulder and in the net.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Oh and by the way, Cory is an atrocious goaltender. Possibly worse than last year darling, but this loss was on the incompetence of our captain, and our “veteran” on the backend.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Cory's always been a bit crap in the shootout, but he was absolute money in OT.

For those of us looking at him optimistically (And as a fan of this team, you honestly should be - if he wins, the team we root for wins, and I don't think enough of you have come to grips with that), last night was a good sign. Outside of the own goals, he stopped 36 of 38 shots against him. That's a great game no matter how you slice it or whatever weird metrics you come up with.

We won't score three own goals a game usually. Should have been an easy win, but three really bad mistakes sunk us. We got a point out of it, at least.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
schneider played good enough not to lose. he didnt play good enough to win.

a team cant have confidence when they have earned 3 out of a possible 26 points and 0 wins in their goalies past 18 starts. its now a huge black cloud that hangs over the teams head even when he doesnt start.

he needs to get sent to the ahl and get consistent starts. i still think he can be a 2,75 gaa .910 save % goalie (basically a kinkaid).

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Can we buy miles wood out? He’s not an nhl player right now and his lack of coordination is embarrassing. Every time he touches the puck:

Head down, handles like a bar of soap, makes pointless deke to try to prove he has hands, stops, whiffs on pass or shot.

This literally happens every time the puck is on his stick.

Sure, if you want to pay him half his salary for 6 years.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I don’t understand why he did that. And batting it in that direction, no less. Couldn’t he have batted it the other way? They still could have easily scored if he did that, but what he did instead just makes him look really stupid and brain dead.

Couldn't Greene just take his hand off his stick and bat the puck with his hand into the corner or behind the net? He was definitely close enough to do so and as long as he didn't catch it and close his hand on the puck, there is no penalty. Instead he tries to lumberjack it and right into his own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->