GDT: Devils @ Jets - Oct 13 "No Effort Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I still don't like the fact that we gave a guy we claimed off waivers a 3 year extension. I hope I am wrong.

I don't even care about the 3 years, it's the over 2 million per season that will be killer. Just not worth that amount of money. He can be a solid #6/7 type of guy, but not more than that.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Someone should chart the number of points by our new guys (scheifele, frolik, setoguchi, trouba) versus the number of games Noel has had to "coach" them.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Hmmm?

Usually I do the charts but I'm not 100% on what you want, so you may be addressing me. What exactly are you wanting :)

Basically I am arguing that the new guys produced more before Noel ruined them forever, scoring less with each game under Noel's system. It was mostly tongue in cheek. Next time I will add one of these: :sarcasm:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Well Mark and Jacob potted a goal each in the first game, and Frolik had 2 goals!

None have scored since, so pretty much Claude ruined them haha.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
All in on the Jets for the third time in a row. Granted I've been reduced to a mere 50 vCash, but it's the thought that counts!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Traded my tix for tonight, so its Jets and 'Skins- Cowboys from the couch tonight.
:handclap:

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
More than a little concerned with Noel thinking there were good things in the last game... didn't see any. Unless barely managing to dump the puck into the neutral zone (barely) when down 3-0.

Yeah....

Last edited:

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
I love that somehow the Jets still get a ridiculously high vcash bidding total when everyone bidding on them should be vbroke by now

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
BROTHERS! WE RIDE! TO BATTLE! YEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH

(just trying to add some shouting to the quiet gdt)

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
Man every game that goes by I have a harder time dealing with sara orly

Surely she'll be heading to ESPN soon, I suspect that her *ahem* analysis skills would mesh well with the American audience.

For some reason NHL Center Ice has an HD TSN-Jets broadcast today. This means I get to put my iPod away. Very rarely will you get a Jets game in HD, let alone the home broadcast.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sorry to bring this up again but it is beyond idiotic to start Pavelec in the Dallas game only to start Montoya tonight.

Now, instead of giving yourself the best chance to win both games, you have your starting goalie sitting on the bench thinking about a sub par performance. I do not buy the "you have to beat Dallas because they are in your division" garbage. You have to win hockey games. Pavelec is not good in the second half of back to backs. This is a fact parallel to other facts like the sky is blue, and water is wet.

Also Olli Jokinen's pre game quote pissed me off. "We have been saying the right things for 4 weeks now. Now is the time to do them". NO, Olli. The time to do them was the beginning of the friggin season.

Now that my pre game anger is out I am ready to hope for better games from pretty much every Jet :)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Forgot about this return...

Cory-Schneider-Moose.png

Schneider made the Moose interesting to watch for a few years, when he was here was basically the only time I went to Moose games.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Urgh. I have a beer league hockey game in an hour so gonna miss a good portion of this game. Ridiculous, Thanksgiving Sunday night + there's a Jet game. I don't even know if my team will have enough skaters to play the game.

Anyways go Jets!

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
how many times can you remake Carrie...

I like Noel's tie

Kind of a shame that the fans have to literally rally these millionaires to a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad