LeBrun: Devils, Hall making traction on new contract?

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I've watched three Devils games this year, and from what I've seen, I just don't understand how you pin their current record on him. He's never been a finesse player, or an elite decision maker. He's an explosive player who generates offense with his speed, passing, and shooting. From what I've seen, you're getting what any team should expect to get out of Hall.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If slide continues id be more than fine with trading Hall for players that fit more in the timeline that would coincide with age range but not interfere with resigning Nico Hughes Bratt Boqvist Smith. 10+ mill for a player that his game is based around speed ( which will decline ) and has injury issues is not the ideal way to move forward. However , not having Hall will probably mean another year / two or even 3 of missing the playoffs and / or struggling to be competitive.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I've watched three Devils games this year, and from what I've seen, I just don't understand how you pin their current record on him. He's never been a finesse player, or an elite decision maker. He's an explosive player who generates offense with his speed, passing, and shooting. From what I've seen, you're getting what any team should expect to get out of Hall.

who is blaming it on him?

Its the coach and his defensive "system", which is non-existent

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Say Hall signs for 11M, can EDM fit him in? I know they have a lot of bad midsized contracts coming off the books on the next ~19 months, but how easy is it to fit him in?

*Separately, does it matter when your wingers are as bad as they are?

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Say Hall signs for 11M, can EDM fit him in? I know they have a lot of bad midsized contracts coming off the books on the next ~19 months, but how easy is it to fit him in?

Hall can't ask for 11. He only plays half of every other season.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Is Elliot Friedman just trolling us? Clickbait? How on earth would Edmonton afford him? Not enough cap space and not enough assets to attain him in the first place. As an Oilers fan I’d love to magically undo another Chiarelli move, but I just cant see it. And it hurts all little bit, all over again.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
If slide continues id be more than fine with trading Hall for players that fit more in the timeline that would coincide with age range but not interfere with resigning Nico Hughes Bratt Boqvist Smith. 10+ mill for a player that his game is based around speed ( which will decline ) and has injury issues is not the ideal way to move forward. However , not having Hall will probably mean another year / two or even 3 of missing the playoffs and / or struggling to be competitive.

Boeser for a signed Hall?

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Devils secretly do not want to sign Hall. All that contract talk is there to bid up his value. They want to trade him badly, because they failed to sell him at his top.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

Technically yes. I don't think it's worthwhile unless Holland works some cap magic.

(20/21) Nurse and Bear both RFA's, guessed on both their contracts.
Sbto65x.png

sailorjerry96

Feb 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC

Think we have 24 million in cap-space after this offseason. Two biggest names we would have to re-sign is Nurse. Rest of the UFA/RFA's are tweeners (minus Kassian).

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
LeBrun is about as sharp as a bag of wet mice. This is a death sentence for Hall staying with the Devils. This guy is worse than Eklund.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Is Elliot Friedman just trolling us? Clickbait? How on earth would Edmonton afford him? Not enough cap space and not enough assets to attain him in the first place. As an Oilers fan I’d love to magically undo another Chiarelli move, but I just cant see it. And it hurts all little bit, all over again.

Well if Russell and gagner were involved for cap reasons there would be room. Trouble is then Edmonton would need to add a couple of prospects and a pick. Cost would be huge.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How long is the leash on Hynes? One would think you fire the coach first before trading away a guy like Hall. Not really Hall's fault that the team is allowing 4.5 goals a game. Granted he can help with the poor GF, I just don't know you want to make such a trade without trying a new coach.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
:laugh:

Just because the Devils robbed EDM last go around doesn't mean they are gonna return the favor this time.

Ridiculous.

Beg to differ. Devils are in a tough spot. They know he won't resign.

This isn't a player with term, he's basically a rental. Show me in the past what high rentals have gone for.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad