LeBrun: Devils, Hall making traction on new contract?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
In what world? Panarin has been in the league for 4 years.

Panarin: 324 points in 325 games(26pts in 27gp PO)
Hall: 251 points in 268 games(6pts in 5gp PO)

Panarin clearly showed he wasn't a product of Kane when he carried colombus on his back. So I'm not sure how hall is more accomplished. One good year doesn't make a player.
hall doesnt have one good year he prob has over 4 with the hart year thrown in.

look up his ppg stats on the oilers

plus the league went from 80 point ross winners back to 100 plus point players . idk id pay hall the same as panarin if I didnt think he would run into a wall and get injured

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
1) Let him walk at the end of the contract
2) Trade him before the deadline

A) Build around Hischier/Hughes
B) Use gained cap space for UFA signings
C) Use gained cap space in trades like for Subban or Gusev
What UFA's that aren't bottom depth have signed in NJ? Seriously.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’m going to laugh very hard when Hall signs for less than 11.6. Panarin probably left millions from Columbus...where he absolutely didn’t want to play. He got a crazy contract from a team in one of the greatest cities in the world. Kind of a no brainer. Hall is a better player and will sign for less specially if he doesn’t hit the open market. That’s pretty obvious that a guy not hitting the market and letting teams boost his payday will re-sign with his club for less.

Don’t act like the rangers have a track record of anything but always overpaying free agents. It’s kind of been going on since the late nineties and hasn’t stopped since, even with the cap. Holik, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Richards, Nash, now Panarin and I’m even leaving out a bunch more...
Nash was traded, not a free agent signing.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think at this point it's pretty obvious he is determined to go to UFA and the Devils are going to have to trade him by the deadline.

If he was going to sign, he would have by now. before he even stepped on the ice for opening night, even training camp, like every other franchise player in their contract years

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I think at this point it's pretty obvious he is determined to go to UFA and the Devils are going to have to trade him by the deadline.

If he was going to sign, he would have by now. before he even stepped on the ice for opening night, even training camp, like every other franchise player in their contract years
would he have ? he wanted to play for a team that could win the cup. if the devils decide to keep him and they make the playoffs they have a decent shot at signing him imo. if they are bottom five he is gone

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
would he have ? he wanted to play for a team that could win the cup. if the devils decide to keep him and they make the playoffs they have a decent shot at signing him imo. if they are bottom five he is gone
If they are bottom 5, they will know well before deadline day whether he is re-signing with them. They will have no choice but to shop him, as @JT Kreider stated.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If they are bottom 5, they will know well before deadline day whether he is re-signing with them. They will have no choice but to shop him, as @JT Kreider stated.
true but atm they may just be having a slow start and he seems like he is friends with shero so would let him know.

anyways its just early

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Not saying either way but Pieterangelo, Josi, Backstrom all haven't re-signed yet

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

Yeah like Tavares did last year ? (Rolls eyes)

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
I don't see why Hall should sign with NJ when he

a) can get his money elsewhere as well
b) has better chances to win something soon depending on where he goes

Unfortunately (so far) it seems NJ will not be able to make a promising, significant step forward this season. If I were a star player in my best years I would think twice before I extend a contract through my best years with such an organization.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
You have to think the Devils will be listening intently if they are a month off the deadline and don’t have a signature. I have to believe they learned from the Tavares fiasco.

I also wonder if they get a little concerned if he suffers another fairly significant injury. Injury prone is too harsh, but he does have a history.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don't see why Hall should sign with NJ when he

a) can get his money elsewhere as well
b) has better chances to win something soon depending on where he goes

Unfortunately (so far) it seems NJ will not be able to make a promising, significant step forward this season. If I were a star player in my best years I would think twice before I extend a contract through my best years with such an organization.

He might be comfortable there. He might want that 8th year. He might be able to lock his money in now without any further risk. Blow an ACL or get some freak injury and you could lose a lot of $$$.

I’m not saying I would necessarily do that, but there are reasons he might.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
He might be comfortable there. He might want that 8th year. He might be able to lock his money in now without any further risk. Blow an ACL or get some freak injury and you could lose a lot of $$$.

I’m not saying I would necessarily do that, but there are reasons he might.
if he cared about injuries he would already be signed. he cares about playing in meaningful games.

the injurey thing could bite him but hes made a decent amount of money and he causes most of his injuries himself

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
if he cared about injuries he would already be signed. he cares about playing in meaningful games.

the injurey thing could bite him but hes made a decent amount of money and he causes most of his injuries himself

Id imagine he’s balancing multiple factors. Having the money locked in is obviously a factor, but very well might not be the top one.

I get the meaningful games idea and wouldn’t be surprised at all. He’s been in the league for what? Ten years? I’m sure he’s tired of “the latest promising draft pick” by now. Hate to spend your whole career being on losing teams...

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Id imagine he’s balancing multiple factors. Having the money locked in is obviously a factor, but very well might not be the top one.

I get the meaningful games idea and wouldn’t be surprised at all. He’s been in the league for what? Ten years? I’m sure he’s tired of “the latest promising draft pick” by now. Hate to spend your whole career being on losing teams...
well hes taylor first overall hall ( cuz every team he is on wins the lottery )

and has only made the playoffs once cuz he played out of his mind to drag the devils there

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

So Josi. And Petro are gone too?

In theory he could be waiting to see how the cap plays out

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Unless New Jersey has a huge turn around. I can't see Hall staying. That being said, he's not exactly playing himself into a payday. If he continues to have a down year, he can pretty much say goodbye to the insane Marner type offers.

Of course, five games is WAY too early for this discussion. By December, we'll have a better estimation where both the team and Hall are, respectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad