Devils Greet & Eat bar crawl

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
***Season ticket holders can bring friends/family that are not season ticket holders, unlimited amount
Devils First Ever
Season Ticket Holder:
Greet n' Eat!

What’s better than the Holidays? How about our first ever Devil’s Greet n' Eat get together exclusively for Devils Season Ticket Holders. Come down to the Prudential Center on Friday, December 21st from 7:00 pm - 10:00pm for a night of free food, raffle prizes, autographs, and more. What better way to enjoy the holidays than with your fellow Devils Fans! Celebrate in style with your Devils/Holiday themed gear, while hopping from restaurant to restaurant.

The event will begin in the Pru Center’s PNC Tower on the corner of Mulberry and Edison at 7pm. You will be given a “credential” that will entitle you to enjoy some incredible appetizers from some of the best local restaurants that Newark has to offer. From there, you will be able to “crawl” in your own small groups to meet a different Devils Alumni at each restaurant.

Participating restaurants are: Edison Ale House, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, Loft 47, and Brick City Bar and Grill. Enjoy a variety of food, including brick oven pizza, pork sliders, buffalo chicken, wings and more! Take this opportunity to celebrate the holidays with the best fans in the NHL.

Space is limited, Please RSVP by clicking here by Wednesday, December 19th. Parking in the Ford Lincoln VIP Garage will be free of charge for season ticket holders attending the event.

We hope to see you on the 21st!

The Devils Fan Experience Team
**RSVP BY WEDNESDAY, DEC. 19

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is definitely something I'd be down for. Haven't actually been to Newark since the seat relocation event :(

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
what does this mean, nhl?

The PA has something to say about 'that' still. And yeah it'll feel weird doing it if they're still locked out, but a great welcome back if there is a deal by then.

Either way, I think the Devils organized this to help the businesses around Newark that have been getting hurt with the lockout as much as anything else.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I spoke to the managers at a few of the places on this pub crawl, and they admitted there is really no way to determine the season ticket holders from the general public.

So, anyone can attend, just put on some Devils gear and you'll get the free food.
They will not turn anyone away Friday night, they welcome any paying customer, especially since the lockout has led to many slow nights.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'll be there.. My brother is flying in to Newark at midnight so ill go for dinner and hit up Hell's Kitchen until I pick him up.. Should be fun

Mory Schneideur*

Anybody kind enough to meet me and my girlfriend (non-STH) for the event? :)

Will we be wearing devils attire? I really wanna go to this!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just can't bring myself to go tonight. Not with the lockout getting messier and more dire by the day. I'd make myself go if I were helping the local places but since I don't drink and would only be eating the free appetizers, I wouldn't be helping their business anyway.

A little free food and meeting a couple alumni isn't enough motivation for me to visit a ghost and 'support' a league that doesn't want to exist.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I just can't bring myself to go tonight. Not with the lockout getting messier and more dire by the day. I'd make myself go if I were helping the local places but since I don't drink and would only be eating the free appetizers, I wouldn't be helping their business anyway.

A little free food and meeting a couple alumni isn't enough motivation for me to visit a ghost and 'support' a league that doesn't want to exist.

It's the main reason why I am going, along with enjoying most of the participating bars.

You make very good points.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
According to today's Star Ledger article, Jim Dowd, Bruce Driver, Sergei Starikov and Sergei Brylin will be at tonight's event.

Will be great to talk to Sarge.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Had a great time tonight.. I was the dude in the black shirt with the obnoxiously huuuuge Devils logo on it (found only in Cherry Hill, NJ which apparently has a decent number of fans as the Champs store manager told me)

Anyway, good event by the Devils to help out the local businesses and encourage fans to come for dinner even on non-game nights, which there seem to be a lot of.. Dino BBQ owned it, with the best food and the only location that consistently brought out more food.. The other places were decent, with one falling way behind, but I don't want to give any negative reviews..

It was just fun night to hang with Devils fans and enjoy ourselves.. We may hate this lockout, but remember that the Devils staff are trying hard for us and do not have guaranteed jobs.. I thanked every one I saw.. A very fun night overall

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You know, I would have went in good taste and everything to help out the organization. and the workers, staff players fans etc. If it was this day next week I'd have been there. :(

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
Wish I could've been there. Hope everyone had a blast and the businesses made a bunch of cash. Wore my old school jersey today in solidarity and got TONS of compliments on it...thanks Dorholt. :o

Mory Schneideur*

One complaint, but its a HUGE one. Sucked that 3 out of 4 "eat & greet" spots were out of food by 8pm. Only Dino consistently had food all night. This made the night a pretty big bummer to be honest.

Not sure whether to blame the Devils or the Bars, but somebody was not prepared.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One complaint, but its a HUGE one. Sucked that 3 out of 4 "eat & greet" spots were out of food by 8pm. Only Dino consistently had food all night. This made the night a pretty big bummer to be honest.

Not sure whether to blame the Devils or the Bars, but somebody was not prepared.

I think the Devils need to buy the food from the bars upfront for this type of event to really work.

Yes, it brought many people in to their establishments and I'm sure the bar sales were good overall, but we all know there had to be cheapos amongst us that only ate the free food and ordered free water.

I had free sliders and pizza at Edison Ale House around 9:30, so them and Dino BBQ were better prepared than the other two spots. (I did not even see the food in one of them).

But like I said, for this to be a win for everyone, the Devils should absorb the food costs for these bars the next time such an event is scheduled.

The turnout was impressive.

Dead

Mar 7, 2010
AoW Land
Had a great time tonight.. I was the dude in the black shirt with the obnoxiously huuuuge Devils logo on it (found only in Cherry Hill, NJ which apparently has a decent number of fans as the Champs store manager told me)

Anyway, good event by the Devils to help out the local businesses and encourage fans to come for dinner even on non-game nights, which there seem to be a lot of.. Dino BBQ owned it, with the best food and the only location that consistently brought out more food.. The other places were decent, with one falling way behind, but I don't want to give any negative reviews..

It was just fun night to hang with Devils fans and enjoy ourselves.. We may hate this lockout, but remember that the Devils staff are trying hard for us and do not have guaranteed jobs.. I thanked every one I saw.. A very fun night overall

Dino was good! Going to go back there along with loft (my nephew loved the cat fish). The other two place were blah to me. Only reason I even bothered with one was the pizza for my nephew. (He ate 2)...

Mory Schneideur*

I think the Devils need to buy the food from the bars upfront for this type of event to really work.

Yes, it brought many people in to their establishments and I'm sure the bar sales were good overall, but we all know there had to be cheapos amongst us that only ate the free food and ordered free water.

I had free sliders and pizza at Edison Ale House around 9:30, so them and Dino BBQ were better prepared than the other two spots. (I did not even see the food in one of them).

But like I said, for this to be a win for everyone, the Devils should absorb the food costs for these bars the next time such an event is scheduled.

The turnout was impressive.

I'm not saying I dont believe you but I don't know how it's possible that you had sliders and pizza at Ale House at 9:30 when a group of 6 of us checked back 3 times after 8pm with no luck. Around 8:30 there was a huuuuge line and nothing but empty trays with a handful of leftover fries.

We stopped by 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 & the only thing we were able to get was left over pretzels.

Did you have to order the pizza and sliders or were they in catering trays?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm not saying I dont believe you but I don't know how it's possible that you had sliders and pizza at Ale House at 9:30 when a group of 6 of us checked back 3 times after 8pm with no luck. Around 8:30 there was a huuuuge line and nothing but empty trays with a handful of leftover fries.

We stopped by 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 & the only thing we were able to get was left over pretzels.

Did you have to order the pizza and sliders or were they in catering trays?

Yeah, it was between 9:30 and 10pm, we did the crawl and came back to the Ale House to pop a few more rounds to wrap up the night.
The manager came out with a tray of fresh sliders and pizza for us.
Very nice job by him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->