Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Don't care about the picks we gave up at all. Happy to have Poni. Anyone drafted after the 3rd round is basically a crapshoot anyway, so I'm not that upset that we parted with those picks

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I still don't understand where Fayne came from. it's mind bottling.

Yeah, he totally flew under the radar.

It makes me keep tabs on guys like Helgeson to see if they do the same. I didn't even know he was a draft pick of ours at first when he was called up, it was like a "who the **** is this guy" and now he's an important piece of our defense. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Somehow Fayne was some random call up as a first year pro. He was in a line with a bunch of junk we were bringing up. OMG, Corrente, Eckford, some of these names are making me sick!:laugh:

He stuck though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tyler ****ing Eckford. And we used to pimp that guy as a legit prospect. :laugh:

But yeah, our depth was ****. Might explain the first-round exits...

Dude was like a last round pick too that year. Whatever year he was drafted in. My favorite hyped prospect though was Barry Tallackson. Talk about pimped as a legit prospect.

''Next year Tallackson is gonna play opposite Elias on right wing! Bring up Tallackson this year cause he can play on the PP, or PK he can do it all!'' The way this guy was hyped it was like he could play everything.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Dude was like a last round pick too that year. Whatever year he was drafted in. My favorite hyped prospect though was Barry Tallackson. Talk about pimped as a legit prospect.

''Next year Tallackson is gonna play opposite Elias on right wing! Bring up Tallackson this year cause he can play on the PP, or PK he can do it all!'' The way this guy was hyped it was like he could play everything.

Ugh Barry Tallickson. :banghead:

And to think we could have had Duncan Keith...

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
we 'actually' got a pending UFA for a 4th and 7th. and lou already said he didnt offer because of the ZP situation.

nobody's crying over anything, im glad we got him, but in hindsight we overpaid (as he was wearing a devils jersey last year)

I posted all our 4th round picks since 2000. Only Janssen and Matt Halisheck have made any NHL contributions and both are very limited at best.

DevilsAnimal*

Who is the last 4th round pick that even played for us? Fayne was a 5th round, but other than that I can't remember anybody else that late. At least nobody who become a regular.

I personally think they never intended to keep Matteau up. I think he would have been gone this past week if Zubrus never gets injured. We may keep him the whole season if we aren't healthy. I still see him playing some time in Albany next season.

Reid Bouchier was drafted in the 4th round, and now he's lighting up the OHL like crazy

DevilsAnimal*

Exception not the rule...been many a player whos lit up college and the minors and never did much in the NHL.

Yeah, but right now he looks closer to NHL ready than far, cant really say he's never going to make it

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah, but right now he looks closer to NHL ready than far, cant really say he's never going to make it

He may but can't say he will either,,,Point being 80% of 4th round choices will never ever make a contribution in the NHL...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm mostly pissed at the golly gee willicker comments by Parise. Not the peacing out for money. Stop ************ to the media, and yes those posts acknowledge the comments are drivel.

Ya, he didn't have to go out of his way to tell people he was coming back, only to then say he'd been planning to leave all along.

There was a much better way to handle it. Tell people you're open to coming back, but you can't make any promises. Most people would have understood that. He could even have gone straight mercenary like Jagr and people would have understood that too. The pretence is what annoys me.

Somehow Fayne was some random call up as a first year pro. He was in a line with a bunch of junk we were bringing up. OMG, Corrente, Eckford, some of these names are making me sick!:laugh:

He stuck though.

Fayne was one of the few good things to come out of the MacLean disaster year, the other, of course, being Larsson.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
so what's the outlook on poni point-wise? he put up 18 in 33 games last year with the team, any chance he puts up similar numbers? i missed tonight's game so not sure what line they had him on or if they switched the lines throughout the game

GM17*

so what's the outlook on poni point-wise? he put up 18 in 33 games last year with the team, any chance he puts up similar numbers? i missed tonight's game so not sure what line they had him on or if they switched the lines throughout the game

my guess is a point every 2 games

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He stuck though.

Fayne was fresh out of College, and had hardly even played in the AHL. He got his shot, impressed and has been here since. One of the bright spots of our disaster year for sure.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Don't care about the picks we gave up at all. Happy to have Poni. Anyone drafted after the 3rd round is basically a crapshoot anyway, so I'm not that upset that we parted with those picks

Yah, 7th rnder is totally a whatever, 4th rnd is your basic whatever.

But Poni better sign this offseason.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

Well, the Devils see the Flyers 3 more times this season... so he'll get at least 3 more goals, for sure.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is clear Kovy needed Poni back because he was jealous of Marty and Clarkson's bromance, and the growing bromance between Elias and "Rico". Clearly the head bob tonight proves more bromances are brewing on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad