Devils Free Agents: Who's Staying, Who's Going?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I got a good chuckle out of this :laugh:

Haha glad you got a chuckle! I was making up some bogus story about why Clarkie, and Marty are no longer bros. And what led to the report of Clarkson's off ice, and on ice outbursts in that article.:laugh:

Oh well! Go Rangers!:sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I sure know I turned on Clarkson for all those outbursts. All those times he fell down!!! God damn what a classless goon. And that time he called Lou "Mr. Lamorillo"?!?!? NO RESPECT!!

Also I agree Harold needs a paycut, he should be paying Lou to play here because we are broke. :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Harrold needs a paycut cause he wound up eating so much upstairs in the suite while he was a regular healthy scratch during the first half of the season. We're going broke feeding him!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wasn't aware Harrold was the weak link on D. You owe the Kremlin Cone an apology!!!
Oh god no! Harrold was the number 7 this year. The Kremlin Kone was the number 8, but he was played like the number 5 of course.:shakehead

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
No way Clarkie can get paid anywhere close to 4 mil per let alone 4.5. With the shape this team is in they need to start spending money more wisely.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
No way Clarkie can get paid anywhere close to 4 mil per let alone 4.5. With the shape this team is in they need to start spending money more wisely.

I would give Clarkie $4m per in a heartbeat. The highest I would go is $4.5 depending on the length of the contract. Once you hit $5m you're overpaying him.

NC107*

Lou should be negotiating with Elias first not Clarkson but that's not Lou.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would hope Clarkson isn't priority like Zach was last year. Clarkson is not Zach Parise, and should not be treated like him.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I would give Clarkie $4m per in a heartbeat. The highest I would go is $4.5 depending on the length of the contract. Once you hit $5m you're overpaying him.

4.5 for a 20-25 goal scorer/agitator/fighter is worth it for me, but I really hope Lou can keep him under 5. To be honest, I don't think Clarkson signs with anyone else. He's practically Brodeur's best friend at this point, he clearly has tons of respect for Lou and Pete, and the respect is clearly mutual. Lou and Clarkson are do whatever they can to make sure he stays here, I think.

What really worries me about Clarkson is the length of this contract. I honestly wouldn't mind him at (a definite overpayment of) 5.5 million if it was just for 2 or 3 years. It wouldn't be the best allocation of dollars, but with lots of cheap D on the way, Lou will have room to overpay to keep key guys, I think.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

20-25 goal scorer who can fight in this league.

There aren't many of them. I bet Toronto throws 5m at him, but I think you're exactly right with 4.5m.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Clowe is making 4m/year, and he's slower, less of a fighter and has topped out at 24 goals when he was playing with Thornton.

Edit: and is a year older, and scored a total of 3 goals this year.

Robert Theodorson

Apr 27, 2010
Washington DC
Clowe is making 4m/year, and he's slower, less of a fighter and has topped out at 24 goals when he was playing with Thornton.

Edit: and is a year older, and scored a total of 3 goals this year.

I don't think anyone is seriously considering Clowe, the Sharks got pretty damn good after they got rid of him.

Lokti is a no-risk high-reward signing for a few years, I hope he sticks around.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Given the recent Zajac contract, I don't have much faith in Lou getting Clarkson re-signed for the right price.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Given the recent Zajac contract, I don't have much faith in Lou getting Clarkson re-signed for the right price.

Zajac hasn't played a game under that contract yet and he came off a major injury this year. Let's see how he does next year before we get the pitchforks.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clarkson can go whine about it somewhere cause Zajac is the overall better player.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
Clarkson.Elias.Zubrus

so i posted this a few weeks back on a different forum, i thought it made a pretty good discussion on some of our free agents that were all impatiently waiting to hear what happens with. So i figured id make a thread over here about the same thing to see what you guys have to say about it! Who do we think will honestly be back next year and who do we think walks away from us.. im not talking about who we want to come back or who we dont want back..im talking realisticly, figure wise what our few beloved free agents values have become or not become to what the devils can actually afford to pay for them. And how long will we have to wait to start hearing about it? i heard negotiations will not start until july? ... however someone leaked out a little but of information that knows zubrus on the other board they said they would not tell us much but that he is currently doing renovations to his home in NJ :).. and i happened to read on NJ.com that lou had started discussions with clarkson however at the time there were no numbers currently being discussed, and that he had not yet spoken to elias.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Clarkson's the younger guy, Clarkson is the most likely to bolt.

Elias is a done deal if they agree on money.

I remember making similar justifications as to why negations between lou and parise took so long to get started before his 1 year deal. at a certain point, lou needs to get his head out of his ass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->