Devils Free Agents: Who's Staying, Who's Going?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Good riddance. I was sick of all his outbursts.

:laugh:

you mean these right?

clarkie-2.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Outbursts? When? What?

Who writes these articles?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
1. "Outbursts on an off the ice?" What is that referring to? Why is he "likely" to leave? Why is he "very likely" to go to Toronto, other than him being from Toronto?

2. Loktionov: "good chance he'll be back?" He's restricted. Are you expecting the Devils to release him for no reason, or for there to be a massive contract dispute?

3. Peter Harrold won't be back unless he "takes a massive pay cut?" The man is only making $525,000 a season. How can he take a massive pay-cut when next year's league minimum is literally $25,000 more than he's making right now?

4. Why is Zubrus below Harrold on the priority list?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
1. "Outbursts on an off the ice?" What is that referring to? Why is he "likely" to leave? Why is he "very likely" to go to Toronto, other than him being from Toronto?

2. Loktionov: "good chance he'll be back?" He's restricted. Are you expecting the Devils to release him for no reason, or for there to be a massive contract dispute?

3. Peter Harrold won't be back unless he "takes a massive pay cut?" The man is only making $525,000 a season. How can he take a massive pay-cut when next year's league minimum is literally $25,000 more than he's making right now?

4. Why is Zubrus below Harrold on the priority list?

So, are u saying, in a round about way, that the article is not worth reading?

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Harrold has to take a pay cut from $525,000 to stay. Seems legit. I can see Lou asking him to do it for free.

Gotta love articles written by people who clearly don't know what they're doing. I'm willing to bet they meant Zidlicky with that point.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Harrold has to take a pay cut from $525,000 to stay. Seems legit. I can see Lou asking him to do it for free.

Gotta love articles written by people who clearly don't know what they're doing. I'm willing to bet they meant Zidlicky with that point.

There's hockey blogs to write for general consumption, and then there's expert insight. General consumption pieces shouldn't be shown to hard core Devils fans on this site. We tend to shred them to pieces for offering opinion as analysis.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
There's hockey blogs to write for general consumption, and then there's expert insight. General consumption pieces shouldn't be shown to hard core Devils fans on this site. We tend to shred them to pieces for offering opinion as analysis.

I don't mind if someone isn't an expert and is trying to write an article on a subject they follow. I really question if this person follows much though from what I read there. Especially since I'm confident the person meant Zidlicky yet wrote Harrold multiple times on that one point. But I agree that there's just little reason for it to be shown to this group. This is the article written for someone who is a fan of a team way out west and just wants a quick synopsis of the rest of the league.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I hope whoever wrote this article didn't get paid for it. I'd ask for my money back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey wasn't there an incident earlier this season where Marty put a rubber snake in Clarkie's waterbottle? I hear he became mad with Marty after, and that's where the outbursts came from! He once ran Marty doing a game, and claimed he thought he was the other teams goalie:laugh:

Then at a team dinner off the ice, Clarkie got mad because Marty wouldn't pick up the tab for dinner like he said he would. Marty supposedly made some crack to Clarkie that next year he'll probably be making more than him so he'll make the money back on their meals next season.

To top it off it was revealed that Clarkie took Brandon Prust to dinner the night before the last game against Montreal. He offered to buy his meal in exchange for Prust running Marty multiple times which is what happened in that game if you remember.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
http://thefarmclub.net/2013/05/22/5-free-agents-for-the-devils-to-consider-this-offseason/

I don't know a whole lot about Clarkson other than numbers but he intrigues me. A little insight on him?

As far as a little insight on Clarky goes -

The guy is a heart-and-soul lunch pail player. He's been the perfect Lou Lams-type player on and off the ice. He has steadily improved from a guy who could throw the fists but barely stay on his skates - adding a wraparound (the Clarkaround to Devs fans) to his repertoire which got him pitching in a goal here and there - and then adding a toe drag and a pretty good wrister, to eventually become a pretty dangerous goal scorer. He's displayed some pretty good deflection hands in front of the net on the PP, and has made some nice passes (where previously it seemed like he had no vision and was shoot-first, shoot-always).

The guy's story, going from essentially a 4th-line goon to 30 goal-scorer is compelling.

He never seems too big for his britches, and is a good character guy in the locker room - he's become fast friends with Marty and has been a perfect citizen off the ice.

His best attribute by far is his puck control behind the net and along the boards in the LW corner.

He has fought less, and hits less than he has in the past, and maybe the only knock on him is his skating.

The only crap he gets from Devils fans is that he is playing on the 2nd line but is rightfully a 3rd liner.

He went into the tank this year because he got hurt - seemingly pretty badly in a Flyers game but played through it.

I would love to see him back on the Devils for <$4.5m but fear Toronto is too big a lure and has deep pockets. If they sign him for 5m, and expect him to be a true 30 goal scorer - there will be some disappointed folks in Toronto. If you need a tough guy to stick up for your guys, be tough on the forecheck, and pop in 15-25 goals a year he's a great guy to have on your squad.

Just my opinion.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
She must read HF given the amount of posters that did turn on Clarkson here (or perhaps it was a vocal minority, but I remember a fair amount of Clarkson bashing during the losing streaks). Outside the internet he appears to be a fan favorite - it's anecdotal but I know a lot of people who will not be pleased if he leaves (assuming we make a reasonable offer).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I honestly thought Marty and Clarky are best buds ?
Haha they are! I made all of that up!

Except for Marty hiding the rubber snake in the water bottle. That really was some joke he played on him earlier in the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're a ranger fan :shakehead

What am I the new Devils Dominion?:laugh:

I was simply making fun of BS in that article which spoke about Clarkson having outbursts on and off the ice which will lead to his departure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->