GDT: Devils@Flames 9 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What's happening here is your constant barrage of posts about goalie play and SV% is just being shown as the garbage that it always has been -

To say I'm rooting against this wonderful kid on my favorite team to make a point on a message board might be the stupidist thing I've ever seen posted by anyone.
Why the hell are you bringing up save percentage anyway? Blackwood's save percentage is .919% on the season, even after this game tonight where he allowed 9 goals. That's still WAY above league average and way above the other two goalies that played here this year. It's almost like you're just picking a fight to prove you're right.

By your posts, you would think he's already in the .890's....

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
what is defense?

Ks05NlD.png

I was going to post more but nvm, just so many mistakes lol

Here's Severson going for the intercept at center ice while being the last man back on defense, and against a player 10x faster than he is to boot. LULZ

Cuz ya gotta' turn every play around for some offense yo! Free breakaways for everyone.

Sever-Fail.jpg

Reactions: I Hate Tie DOMI

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Here's Severson going for the intercept at center ice while being the last man back on defense, and against a player 10x faster than he is to boot. LULZ

Cuz ya gotta' turn every play around for some offense yo! Free breakaways for everyone.

Sever-Fail.jpg

yep just so many mistakes

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was actually thinking the same thing LOL
It’s all the Gatorade bottle’s fault. If it didn’t explode into Blackwood’s face we would have won
It's my fault for the mocking posts about Kinkaid after Blackwood allowed his third (I think?) goal of the game. I did predict long ago (before the Capitals game and even before the last Flames game or maybe it was the Bruins game) that the first bad game by him would bring one or two wolves out to tell us how his time of playing well in save percentage is approaching its conclusion. And it happened, which was the second safest bet to the sun rising in the morning.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
To say I'm rooting against this wonderful kid on my favorite team to make a point on a message board might be the stupidist thing I've ever seen posted by anyone.
Really? You couldn’t wait to get on here and preach how poor the D is and how SVP% is a useless metric and then you predict the Blackwoodpocalypse after a “Few more games”. What if MBW29 comes back and plays great the next game? Or the game after that? Will you just wait until the next game that he’s shelled to proclaim that he’s broke for good and SVP% is a bad metric to use and that this is what happens to every player at the G position on this hockey club? The kid hasn’t allowed more than 2 goals in a contest in the national league since before the bye. How about not being so doom and gloom? That’s why it makes it look you’re trying to get a one up on your theory and beliefs. He looks like a good tender. He’s played like a good tender when the D was poor and 80% of the lineup were AHL players. Good tenders have bad games and bad stretches and sometimes it’s a reflection of them as players and sometimes it isn’t. One game that he gets colossally destroyed in and you’re already proselytizing the NJD fan masses that MBW29 is also approaching the end of times of having a good SVP%? Come on, guy. Ease up a bit and let it play out. There is nothing to suggest that Blackwood will or won’t slip in SVP% because his time in the national league is so limited. He’s had mostly good results so far. He’s the second youngest player at the position to be featured in nearly this many games this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Wonder how it ''Will be addressed''? Obviously Santini is out and Gabriel (did I call him Gryba earlier? Haha) comes back in or Quenneville. Not sure for who. Probably Lappin or Pietila. I would bet both guys will be in over two other guys on forward.

Isn't Colton White the extra D for this call up? May as well give him a shot. I've seen enough of Santini. He's reminding me a Seth Helgeson 2.0 at this point. A Seth Helgeson that doesn't even hit people anymore.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we can all agree that each goalie that was in any games this year had at least one game where they didn't necessarily play badly, but were lit up. For Kinkaid it was that first Lightning game, for Schneider it was probably that Winnipeg game (he didn't look good, but only one poor goal) and for Blackwood it was this game. It was the Dallas game before this one.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

Wonder how it ''Will be addressed''? Obviously Santini is out and Gabriel (did I call him Gryba earlier? Haha) comes back in or Quenneville. Not sure for who. Probably Lappin or Pietila. I would bet both guys will be in over two other guys on forward.

Isn't Colton White the extra D for this call up? May as well give him a shot. I've seen enough of Santini. He's reminding me a Seth Helgeson 2.0 at this point. A Seth Helgeson that doesn't even hit people anymore.

it won't be addressed with hynes and nassredine. it's SIMPLE HOCKEY DEFENSE 101 FFS. there's nothing to be addressed, the coaching staff is simply just incompetent.

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
it won't be addressed with hynes and nassredine. it's SIMPLE HOCKEY DEFENSE 101 FFS. there's nothing to be addressed, the coaching staff is simply just incompetent.
This coaching staff does suck, but Santini (the guy Hynes singled out) sucks even more. So I think that's where it will be addressed.

I'd love to scratch Roone Pelley for his sweet goal against Blackwood tonight, but you'd only be benching him for Gabriel, an even more inferior player, or fat boy who has been outscored by all of them.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Agree. Whatever credits Hynes had in the bank after coaching NJ Devils to the playoffs last year, should be all gone now. Even with the recent contract extension.

Shero needs to review this coaching staff again this offseason and if Hynes does survive, it should be on a very small rope.

Nasareddine should be replaced regardless as should Kowalsky.

The development of our younger defenseman is apalling and I dont want to expose Ty Smith to this current regime. He will pick up bad habits that Butcher has done this season.

Reactions: mtnet

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
What a game. I didn't count the times one or two Flames were all alone in front of Blackwood. 20 times maybe? The team let him hang out to dry. And before anybody blames the injuries: The defense was made up with NHLers or... at least what our front office thinks are NHLers. Can't wait for this season to end. This has been the most disappointing season since the NHL started streaming all their games on their site. Terrible. Blackwood was our best player, even though he gave up 9 goals. Unbelievable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes will be on a short leash next year, if I had to guess. I don't think he's gonna be fired after the first tough stretch, but if we're a bit below NHL .500 at some point around Christmas, I'd have to think he goes. If our December 2019 is anything like December 2016 or December 2018.

I think the only pass he would get is if more than 50% of our good players are injured, which is the case right now. So I don't think Shero is gonna hold anything that's happening right now against him.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Combo of trash d, and blackwood is no better then the McDonald Ottawa guy. Good stretch at first then implodes.

If this was cory or kk in net bleed and his crew would be arguing sending him back to the ahl... but blackwood gets special treatment here

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I commented before I went to bed that Blackwood looked off. He was sliding all over the place. Not smooth and compact, but twitchy and nervous looking.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hynes will be on a short leash next year, if I had to guess. I don't think he's gonna be fired after the first tough stretch, but if we're a bit below NHL .500 at some point around Christmas, I'd have to think he goes. If our December 2019 is anything like December 2016 or December 2018.

I think the only pass he would get is if more than 50% of our good players are injured, which is the case right now. So I don't think Shero is gonna hold anything that's happening right now against him.
If we are below .500 after 10 games, then I want Shero to make the move then. Not wait til christmas.

Reactions: mtnet

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This coaching staff does suck, but Santini (the guy Hynes singled out) sucks even more. So I think that's where it will be addressed.

I'd love to scratch Roone Pelley for his sweet goal against Blackwood tonight, but you'd only be benching him for Gabriel, an even more inferior player, or fat boy who has been outscored by all of them.

Scratching Santini for Colton White will fix it :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Combo of trash d, and blackwood is no better then the McDonald Ottawa guy. Good stretch at first then implodes.

If this was cory or kk in net bleed and his crew would be arguing sending him back to the ahl... but blackwood gets special treatment here
Wow, where have you been? I thought maybe you jumped ship after your crappy career backup idol was traded. How’s he been doing? Heard he hasn’t even played for his new team and has only dressed for two games in two weeks. Maybe I was right and he isn’t that good after all? At the very least, looks like he’s not a starter as you’ve proclaimed him to be. Funny that someone that thinks Kinkaid has an NHL future as anything more than a backup (he ain’t even that right now, he’s a third stringer) thinks Blackwood sucks. And how the hell can you say he had a good stretch at first then imploded? You’re saying he imploded based on one game. Wouldn’t imploded imply that he was bad for a stretch and not a single game?

First of all, I nailed Blackwood on a couple of these goals.

Second of all, if this was Kinkaid, you would have said none of the goals were bad at all and that it was all the D.

Third of all, this is one really bad game and now he’s no better than McDonald? Who the hell is McDonald anyway? Hey, maybe Cam Johnson can replace Blackwood in the NHL next year?

Fourth of all, this proves my point that Tean Keith would come out of hiding after the first game Blackwood gets destroyed in. You almost think they switched fan bases, yet here they are on standby. Waiting for Blackwood to get bombarded. Either to rip Blackwood (in your case) or to rip the team and say that his future is finishing the season sub-.900%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad