Post-Game Talk: Devils defeat Avs 4-1 : Feels Good, man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Want to see us just do a better job in the neutral zone. If we play that way against Pitt, Caps or Leafs it could get ugly. Other than that have no real issues. Maybe one. Zacha playing a little to timid. We're going to need him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I 98% loved the intro, was just slightly freaked out by the veins in Dano's cheeks being visible during his speech lol

Reactions: glenwo2

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
I take it for granted, but how cool is it we get to cheer on the devil and have awesome songs that go with our team. We are blessed.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Gibbons really reminded me of Stephen Gionta out there lol. He's fine as an extra forward, but I'd rather Woody be in there purely from an entertainment standpoint.

Wood also seems to draw at least 1 penalty per game simply with his speed. I'd love to see him do that skills competition race to compare him with some of the fastest skaters of all time like Mike Gartner, etc...

Dano got me so jacked up for this game.
Love the new intro.

Dano was when I realized the new scoreboard is truly HD quality. It did him zero favors, but the detail was amazing.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Wood also seems to draw at least 1 penalty per game simply with his speed. I'd love to see him do that skills competition race to compare him with some of the fastest skaters of all time like Mike Gartner, etc...

Dano was when I realized the new scoreboard is truly HD quality. It did him zero favors, but the detail was amazing.
LOL cmon guys leave Dano alone. He might have a mug, but it's a lovable mug

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Lies.

I did NOT hear :

serveimage
For the record the guy shouted "'Effin female reproductive part"

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Nico stepping up and getting in Johnson’s face after the Palmieri hit gave me a large woody

I love the fact that he went right after Johnson, but I couldn't help laughing my ass off. He knew he should do it, but he also knew he'd get his ass kicked if he actually went after him. He probably would've bounced off him Bernier-style.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Apologize if this was shared already. No supplemental discipline for Johnson, but shares at least a bit of detail on Palms.

“As bad as the hit looked, actually, there’s some hopeful news that Kyle Palmieri didn’t suffer a knee injury there,” Johnston said during Saturday’s Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada. “He has an MRI [Sunday]. Some early indications that this is maybe just a bone bruise rather than a knee issue.”

I'm trying to share the link but it just becomes the video. Hopeful it's just a bone bruise.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The new tradition this year is #TheJacket.

Awarded to the player who sticks up for his teammates. Nico is the first player to earn it.

Really fun atmoshphere aside from the dudes that kept on chanting rangers suck during the whole game.

Also really poor in the part on whoever yelled out during the moment of silence

One of the better atmospheres we've had in quite some time.

Gibbons looked good on the PK. I don't mind that decision, keeps the rest of the forwards fresh.

He looked both upset and pissed.

Good, love the emotion, use it as motivation.

Nico stepping up and getting in Johnson’s face after the Palmieri hit gave me a large woody

Nico not even thinking twice about going after him is what you have to love out of the kid in his first game, a teenager, half the size of Johnson. He's had the right attitude in everything he's had to say so far as well, a breath of fresh air from much of the status quo we've been hearing from some guys the last few years.

There was no intent on Johnson's part, it was just carelessness in trying to impede Palmieri from getting by, however I am a little surprised there won't be a review of sorts done by the league.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Apologize if this was shared already. No supplemental discipline for Johnson, but shares at least a bit of detail on Palms.

“As bad as the hit looked, actually, there’s some hopeful news that Kyle Palmieri didn’t suffer a knee injury there,” Johnston said during Saturday’s Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada. “He has an MRI [Sunday]. Some early indications that this is maybe just a bone bruise rather than a knee issue.”

I'm trying to share the link but it just becomes the video. Hopeful it's just a bone bruise.

Just go to Youtube, enter Kyle Palmieri in the search then filter for posted today.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Did we get a new shot counter? I'm suspect of 80 shots.
Probably. :laugh:
We used strictly adhere to a shot being a puck that would go in, which is what it's supposed to be, but most arenas are a lot more open about that.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

One of the better atmospheres we've had in quite some time.

Good, love the emotion, use it as motivation.

Nico not even thinking twice about going after him is what you have to love out of the kid in his first game, a teenager, half the size of Johnson. He's had the right attitude in everything he's had to say so far as well, a breath of fresh air from much of the status quo we've been hearing from some guys the last few years.

There was no intent on Johnson's part, it was just carelessness in trying to impede Palmieri from getting by, however I am a little surprised there won't be a review of sorts done by the league.

The jaaackeeeettt.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Probably. :laugh:
We used strictly adhere to a shot being a puck that would go in, which is what it's supposed to be, but most arenas are a lot more open about that.

The Devils' previous shot counter - assuming there is a new one, which I've heard is likely - would also routinely not count shots on goal. The puck would hit the goalie such that the puck would've gone in and the shot total would not go up.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Colorado's heat map was pretty much all perimeter, over 40 shots but only 10 chances
There was an article in I think USA Today about players purposely trying to juice their Corsi with random shots because it's used in contract negotiations. I'll see if I can find it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad