Prospect Info: Devils Day One Draft Recap

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'm actually thrilled with the Chase Stillman pick. He produced in the OHL as a rookie, he produced wickedly in Denmark, and he was outstanding in the U-18. It's a mystery why people are selling him as a low-upside grinder. The kid can play hockey, and he adds a dimension of ferocity the Devils will greatly benefit from.

can you compare him to l'heureux? they both seem to have that edge to their game, but which one is more offensively talented?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The same worries existed for Jack

I think the Hughes boys are so in tune with themselves and willing to learn that being defensively responsible was never a concern. Even Quinn will turn it around soon I think, and its far more detrimental to his game than Luke of Jack
Ya I talked about this a few months ago, and STI tried to shoot it down, but I think Jack's willingness and ability to play D is encouraging when looking at Luke and his current supposed defensive deficiencies. Sure Jack is a center while Luke is a d-man, but defense is very much about mindset, and if Luke has that defensive mindset, and I think Jack will make sure that he does, then that will help him develop into a better defensive player.

What also helps with Jack in terms of playing defense is his skating and his anticipation. Sounds like Luke has the skating, hopefully he has the anticipation as well.

Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
can you compare him to l'heureux? they both seem to have that edge to their game, but which one is more offensively talented?

L'Heureux has more upside -- he has an elite shot and near-elite vision which are both superior to Stillman. However, Stillman has a far more consistent work ethic and is less, um... sociopathic.

So I suppose you can say that when L'Heureux is on his game, he's definitely the better prospect, but Stillman is always on his game and L'Heureux you never know what you're getting with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad