Devils could use Parise if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
If the Devils loose tonight at home, I think that it would be a good idea for the to bring in Parise for game 4. He could give them a spark and I don't see it doing any harm. I would love to watch him play a NHL game. Is this a possibility? I remember when Calgary did it with Iginla....and he didn't look out of place.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I read on the Devils board that he has already left the Devils team to go back to school so it seems very unlikely you will see him this year, even if injuries happened. I think the Devils will recall AHLers if needs be.

Personally, I think this makes the signing of Parise a mistake. There was absolutely no rush to sign him now, under a crappy CBA, if they didn't plan to use him. Dumb move.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Vlad The Impaler said:
I read on the Devils board that he has already left the Devils team to go back to school so it seems very unlikely you will see him this year, even if injuries happened. I think the Devils will recall AHLers if needs be.

Personally, I think this makes the signing of Parise a mistake. There was absolutely no rush to sign him now, under a crappy CBA, if they didn't plan to use him. Dumb move.

i don't know if this is true...as of last night at like 1 am, he was still in New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Parise was signed to work with the trainers and absorb experience apparently.

Yeah, I'd love to see him play, but he'll be a Calder winner next year :)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Vlad The Impaler said:

Definitely strange timing, if anything Lamoriello might just be trying to establish a good working relationship with the kid. Feed him a little Kool-Aid early perhaps that will pay off later on.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Parise has yet to play a pro game, hasn't played in 2 or more weeks, still only has a small 5`11 185 frame. I think Foster will play before Parise.

PEli*

Vlad The Impaler said:

I don't think so. I think this was a move to build a strong relationship between Parise and the organization. So many times in the past the Devils have made mistakes by stonewalling their best players. Despite the team first motto, signing your best prospect to a contract that makes him happy can only be good. Especially when your best prospect had a Hobey Baker calibre season and performed so well at the WJCs. Not that the WJCs are the benchmark for everything...

It was a classy move on the part of Lou, IMO. Signing him now probably makes Parise feel that he's wanted and needed. Plus, it might soften the blow of having to play in Albany next year if he doesn't make the team out of camp.

X-SHARKIE

It's great for young players to see what the NHLers have to go threw and what it really takes...

Right now San Jose has Milan Michalek traveling with the team even though he won't play at all because of Injurey....it strengthens there bond with the team/teamates and it's good for him to see what it's like.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Does anybody remember/know the exact parameters of Parise's deal? I don't recall a lot of other mid first round picks having mega incentive clauses like Spezza/Bouwmeester. With the new CBA, I figure the only major changes to entry level contracts would be regulating the bonus clauses. If Parise signed for a decent signing bonus + standard 2 way deal, I don't see too much harm in that.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
BIGROCKET said:
If the Devils loose tonight at home, I think that it would be a good idea for the to bring in Parise for game 4. He could give them a spark and I don't see it doing any harm. I would love to watch him play a NHL game. Is this a possibility? I remember when Calgary did it with Iginla....and he didn't look out of place.

First of Iggy played with Dallas in the NHL before going to Calgary. Parise would not help the Devils especially in his first NHL game being a playoff game against a heated rival...He will become a very good player I believe, it's just the timing of it doesn't make sense.

DR. Holiday

GagsIsDaMan said:
Are you sure, I thought I remember seeing him play in a Stars uniform...It may have not been all year but I am Almost positive he got game action with the Stars.
No you didn't

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
He was drafted by Dallas....but never played a game for them. I believe they traded Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk.

Katbird_27

Jan 8, 2003
seattle
geocities.com
would he play pro?

Is Parise really a senior this year? if he isn't why did he sign the contract as I thought the NCAA hated pros? Where will he play next season? UND? doubtful. AHL? maybe. WHL? I'd love it! Portland has his rights and thats just 3 hours or less from me :)

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
BIGROCKET said:
He was drafted by Dallas....but never played a game for them. I believe they traded Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk.

That was the trade, yes. Button was working for the Stars when Iginla was drafted. Kind of funny that they hooked up later in Calgary.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Parise has yet to play a pro game, hasn't played in 2 or more weeks, still only has a small 5`11 185 frame. I think Foster will play before Parise.

Parise is nowhere near 5-11 (without skates on that is) Try subtracting a couple of inches.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Vlad The Impaler said:
That was the trade, yes. Button was working for the Stars when Iginla was drafted. Kind of funny that they hooked up later in Calgary.

Surely that trade helped out both teams extremely well (Nieuwendyk gave the Stars a lethal 1/2 punch which got considered a huge reason for their succes. Eventually helped winning the franchise's lonely cup with a Conn Smythe trophy, whereas Iginla is a legit Richards competitant and franchise player for the Flames), however, I can't believe the Stars refused to give up on Harvey, who they initially wanted. I've hated Harvey ever since..

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Modano = Dud said:
Surely that trade helped out both teams extremely well (Nieuwendyk gave the Stars a lethal 1/2 punch which got considered a huge reason for their succes. Eventually helped winning the franchise's lonely cup with a Conn Smythe trophy, whereas Iginla is a legit Richards competitant and franchise player for the Flames), however, I can't believe the Stars refused to give up on Harvey, who they initially wanted. I've hated Harvey ever since..

Good stuff, M=D! I had heard about the Harvey thing but forgot.

Harvey's career is like a nightmare. It just kept on getting from bad to worse, it seems. Injuries were certainly a factor. The guy had so much drive, and young players like that are greatly appreciated by organizations. He was mature, gritty, versatile and coachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad